By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
scottie said:
Mummelmann said:
scottie said:
Mordred11 said:

GT5 3rd week - 480k

GT4 3rd week - 290k

GT5 outsold GT4 by 190k.

[GT4] was released on December 28th, 2004 in Japan and Hong Kong (NTSC-J), February 22nd, 2005 in North America (NTSC-U/C), and March 9th, 2005 in Europe (PAL)

Whilst I' not trying to detract from the success of GT5, the comparison is flawed. GT5 is experiencing a Christmas boost, GT4 did not (In EMEAA that is)

No one is arguing that, I think what people are getting at is that all those who thought this game would fail or would sell less than Prologue or roughly the same have egg on their face. You have no idea how many times I've read about how GT as a series is dead, no one cares about it any longer, they would rather play shooters, installed base too low etc.

Bottom line is; these people were wrong, dead wrong.

Well, yes, and I was never arguing against that. I've always predicted a bit over 9 million and am still fairly hopeful that the amount of egg on my face will be minimal

My very own LT prediction is 9 million so I think we're in heavy agreement here.

Around the Network

AC:B down only 4k from last week,on the PS3.

COD:BO actually increased 10k from last week,on the PS3.Amazing.

Seece said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Ahh another week, another sales thread that turned into a DEFEND KINECT thread, guess since the SDF is taking a break we need a new name for this new force, Kinect Defense Force! 

Ahh two success stories means Kinect support will be massive by all these third parties! Thing is one of those success stories was first party  Kinect is apparently also a console, you know I could buy a Kinect and it plays games on it own, you know like the definition of a game console, no 360 required! Just because an add-on has different functions doesn't make it a console.

Really now this is all pretty silly and terribly off topic.

I'm impressed by GT5's minor drop, I was actually expecting a bigger drop.  Console sales overall are good. Glad to see DKCR increase in numbers this week, for people that love a good challenging platformer like I do it deserves a purchase.  i am most impressed with how fast numbers were up this week, good work team 

Oh wow yet again maxwell fails to read correctly on most counts!

I can't wait for end of January.

"Comparing it to Wii Fit is stupid, Wii Fit isn't HW that is going to get meaningful price cuts and SW for it ..... as far as casuals go (the people amazed by Wii) Kinect is a CONSOLE. They'll buy the BUNDLE."

Calling it a console is calling it a console I like how I reference two posts and it's "most" when at most all it could be is half if it's not all and well...

"What Kinect DOES seem to have that Wii doesn't, is 3rd party support en mass. This will help. Dance Central will sell more than Rock Band 3 on 360, giving Harmonix a big incentive to make 2. Kinect Sports will be Rares biggest game this gen, and could reach 1.8-2.0 by the end of this year alone." 

You list two games, one of which is first party, it failed to support your main idea "Kinect has 3rd party support en mass", when the two games you list one is a third party title at 600k while the first party title is selling well above at 1.08m 

And I was just talking about how these threads always seem to boil down to someone defending whatever is new from some console they seem to be paid to defend, a few weeks ago it was Move, now it's Kinect, I find the whole thing in general very far from the OP there's no real need for it in a sales thread, if you don't think that's silly then what is?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Lucas-Rio said:

Great sales for the Wii and the DS.

Nintendo can do 3 millions on both US and European market. If they can sold around 6-7 millions of Wii WW in december alone, that would be great.

Donkey Kong is picking up and doing better. It deserves to reach the million in Europe alone.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is simply the most fun console game experience I've had all year, reminds me of the good ole days in gaming. The multiplayer just makes it 10x more fun (though ridiculously hard as you burn through lives pretty darn fast). This game will light up the charts and light up Wii sales with it.

Metallicube said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Nintendo can do 3 millions on both US and European market. If they can sold around 6-7 millions of Wii WW in december alone, that would be great.

Donkey Kong is picking up and doing better. It deserves to reach the million in Europe alone.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is simply the most fun console game experience I've had all year, reminds me of the good ole days in gaming. The multiplayer just makes it 10x more fun (though ridiculously hard as you burn through lives pretty darn fast). This game will light up the charts and light up Wii sales with it.

I don't know, seems like DKCR would appeal to the same NSMB Wii crowd and they'd already buy the console for that, and then you add in the fact DKCR doesn't support 4 players at once, meaning less local multiplayer appeal, and then it makes NSMB Wii look laughably easy so you're fragmenting your base, that just adds up to fewer sales and not really pushing consoles.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Metallicube said:
Lucas-Rio said:

I don't know, seems like DKCR would appeal to the same NSMB Wii crowd and they'd already buy the console for that, and then you add in the fact DKCR doesn't support 4 players at once, meaning less local multiplayer appeal, and then it makes NSMB Wii look laughably easy so you're fragmenting your base, that just adds up to fewer sales and not really pushing consoles.

Yeah, it certainly won't move as many consoles as NSMB, but I consider it a "bridge game" like Mario Kart, that sorta appeals to gamers from all over the spectrum. So by that quality it should be a pretty significant hardware mover, at least far moreso than anything else on Wii this year.

great sales all round, i contributed to 1 of those ps3 sold. had to get a 320gig as the 120gig were sold out in asda

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Wii on top in homeconsoles?  wasn't it doomed?

DavidValbu said:

Wii on top in homeconsoles?  wasn't it doomed?

You're kinda late to the party,it has been on top for a few weeks now.

GT5 legs..LOLz at GTA Sa

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo