By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CGI-Quality said:
DemOps said:

GT5 is doing well in EMEAA makes up for its failure in US and Japan.

It's sold lower than many VGC predictions, but I'd hardly call it a failure.

Kinda is though after 3 weeks in Japan its done 500,000, at this rate itll be lucky if it ends up with what GT4 sold in its first week.

And after 2 weeks in US it hasnt sold what GT4 did in its first week despite it being Black Friday and the Holiday season.

Ginyu told you.

Around the Network
DemOps said:
CGI-Quality said:
DemOps said:

Kinda is though after 3 weeks in Japan its done 500,000, at this rate itll be lucky if it ends up with what GT4 sold in its first week.

And after 2 weeks in US it hasnt sold what GT4 did in its first week despite it being Black Friday and the Holiday season.

Ginyu told you.

NA - 657,460 with 2 weeks
JP - 484,336 with 2 weeks

That is a failure? So 99% os games released are a failure?

ethomaz said:
DemOps said:
CGI-Quality said:
DemOps said:

Ginyu told you.

NA - 657,460 with 2 weeks
JP - 484,336 with 2 weeks

That is a failure? So 99% os games released are a failure?

If Modern Warfare 3 came out and sold 2 million in one week, itd be higher than most games will ever sell, however being less than 1/4 of Black Ops it would still be considered a failure in comparison.

CGI-Quality said:
DemOps said:
CGI-Quality said:
DemOps said:

Ginyu told you.

Nah, Ginyu/Frieza said it would flop. It didn't. It's performed a bit lower in both NA/JP than we (VGC) expected, but that doesn't mean it failed (as we don't know Sony's expectations). It's doing MUCH better in EMEAA than GT4 and should clear 4 million next week. It'll be at 5 million by year's end, and this is before any extensive bundling.

The game would have done almost all of Ginyu's prediction, in just it's first month. In other words, his prediction has failed, not GT5.

Edit: Take a look at one of Ginyu's predictions:

Ginyu said:

"Its just pure fanboyish what youre doing to be honest, whereas im just being very realisitic. Its not like 2.2 million even has a good chance at happening, like the amount it could reach if it had a mircale, its just impossible. Its as likely to happen as Little Big Planet 2 selling 10 million copies worldwide".

If I were you, I wouldn't defend Ginyu/Frieza.

Ginyu predicted over 2 million for its first week, which it did. He predicted 6-8 million which is looking highly likely. due to poor US and Japan sales.

That quote of his saying 2.2 million was impossible was referring to the user Blue predicting that GT5 would sell 2.2 million copies in Japan LTD, so he was right since itll be very very lucky  to sell a third of that.

So you got that quote badly out of context he obviously wasnt saying itd never sell 2.2 million copies worldwide LTD.

CGI-Quality said:

It said DemOps quoted me, but he was perma'd before it registered a post!

Doesnt surprise me this site has one of the worst moderation systems around.

Like i was saying, the guy predicted over 2 million Week 1 he was right, he said 6-8 million Worldwide thatll be likely with how bad its sold in US and Japan.

As for your quote of him saying its impossible for it sell 2.2 million, that was referring to Blues prediction of the game selling 2.2 million copies in Japan LTD, which itll be very very lucky to even sell one third of that.

Around the Network

Wow the 360 got a nice little boost this week.

And it looks like EMEAA is going to bare the majority of the 9 million plus GT5 sales, just incredible numbers for that game.

Halo Reach got another 20k boost, hopefully Americas will have a nice boost for Halo Reach as well.

Metallicube said:
SmokedHostage said:

If anything the Kinect is comparable to the 32X..

Agreed (check the sig :P). Apparently, and I wasn't even aware of this, but even the 32x lit the sales charts on fire during the holiday season of its release in '94, and Sega couldn't even meet demand. True story. Then the following year, its sales took a nosedive because the lack of games and lack of quality started to shine through. Funny how history repeats. Not that Kinect will meet this same fate, but looking at the quality of the games, and the lack of releases in the forseeable future, it certainly appears to look that way.

What's even weirder is that around the release of both these devices, Nintendo released a Donkey Kong Country game O_o

Strange coincidence indeed (add-on release sold out and release of a DKC game by Nintendo), but actually i think Kinect will perform better than Sega's 32X.

For my joke about comparing Dance central to Just Dance 2. I was reacting about seece statement that Kinect will be more successful for the 3rd party than the Wii. Which i don't think it is actually. By raw number (overall) Wii sell at least as much as 3rd software as the xbox360, just these games are not the one the "hardcorz gamerz" are looking about. Also apart few games (the one cited by the KDF), others numbers games didn't light the chartz and could be consider are shovelware.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

I'm still reeling from the fact this thread is up already :-O

However, can it now be said that the Wii will reach At LEAST 82mil by years end, and even then go up to my prediction of 83-84mil after that?

All the consoles and games are doing well, particularly Kinect, GT5, DKCR, Epic Mickey, and of course NSMBWii, MKWii and Goldeneye!

COD is doing well, as is FIFA...yawn 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Beuli2 said:
Raze said:
Beuli2 said:

Poor WOW, iit is barely being commented on :(

A lot of people have abandoned WoW for Lord of the Rings Online since it went Free-to-Play. There's been a huge influx of ex WoW players coming to the LOTRO servers.

I don't recall WoW being free ot play. What I know is that there are 10 days of free trial then you have to pay for the game itself then pay a monthly fee.

As two others have explained, I was referring to LOTRO going F2P, which has pulled a lot of people away from WoW. The influx of stories people who come to LOTRO has consistently been "The graphics are SO much better than WoW" and "Blizzard Customer Support is the worst EVER" ..  It may have an adverse effect on future WoW sales, as LOTRO went Free to Play in late Sept.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com