By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Beuli2 said:
Immortal said:

Very disappointing  Wii sales (relative to my expectations) again. Might as well give up on my prediction then.

Would hate to call the Wii undertracked all the time like Sony fans do to their systems, :P.

Yeah, it is 75K down in EMEAA, and it'll be down in Japan too, but not as much as. It will have to sell more than 800K in Americas only to recover that.

Not gonna happen, unfortunately...

Actually, it did have deals. Doubtful it got pushed that far but, well, I think I could threaten the Sony Lord of Adjustments to help me here, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

mmmmmmmmmm loking at these psp-ps2 sales makes me wonder if ps2<psp this week in usa..............

atma998 said:
tombi123 said:

Can we now say that GT5 will sell 9M plus? Yes we can!

No Wii can't!

Fixed. j/k

OT: Kinect continues to impress.

PSWii doing great numbers.

GT5 holding up well.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

impressive 360,DKCR and fifa 11 sales

disappointing to see PS3 minus in some regions of emeaa seeing as its the holidays

i bought an NFS as it finally came down in price,where are my fellow VGC players,i need some help out in online Hot pursuit,lol

Above & Beyond

If anything the Kinect is comparable to the 32X..

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

So, VGChartz. Are there some early Americas numbers too?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Blacksaber said:
toadslayer72 said:
Blacksaber said:

One of the few times in the year where fans don't bicker with eachother such a nice time.

OT: Very good sales all around.

LOL!

I feel so wrong now...and depressed again...

You're not the only one depressed at how things go in this area...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

GT5 is doing well in EMEAA makes up for its failure in US and Japan.

Seece said:
saicho said:
Seece said:

Balance board had 3 games that supported it come out in 2010.

35 in total, something Kinect will surpass very soon. What's more is, the vast majority of those will be KINECT only, meaning the game was bought solely for Kinect, 99% of Punch Out sales (assuming here, so shoot me) were bought for Wii, not the balance board.

You're realllllly stretching your argument, nobody is saying Kinect isn't an addon, they're just saying it's going to follow a model closer to a console, like the wii. Something you can denie till your blue in the face but come back in 2012 and you'll have been proved wrong.

I thought that's what you were saying earlier in the thread. Either everyone misunderstood your point or you are changing the point.

I meant that is how casuals will view it, not as an add on.

Ok.. but they still have to BUY it as an add on, doesn't matter how they "view" it. And I doubt very many people are running out spending $300 to play... Dance Central, and Kinect Adventures.

At the end of the day, the success or failure of this device will rely entirely on its GAMES, an area it seems to be currently lacking.

If MS wants Kinect to have success to be anywhere near the Wii, they need to start releasing quality titles for it, worth shelling out that kind of money, or else its sales will come crashing down hard. And as of now, and in the forseeable future, I see absolutely no games worth spending $150 plus to buy, let alone $300 plus, which the "casualz" are all apparently supposed to run out and get since they don't own an Xbox 360. Its top three games in quality; Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, and Dance Central, may be good, but have been more or less done already on the Wii.

Children of Eden looks ok, and the Star Wars game can be kinda neat, but those are not going to be the kind of games the push hardware.

SmokedHostage said:

If anything the Kinect is comparable to the 32X..

Agreed (check the sig :P). Apparently, and I wasn't even aware of this, but even the 32x lit the sales charts on fire during the holiday season of its release in '94, and Sega couldn't even meet demand. True story. Then the following year, its sales took a nosedive because the lack of games and lack of quality started to shine through. Funny how history repeats. Not that Kinect will meet this same fate, but looking at the quality of the games, and the lack of releases in the forseeable future, it certainly appears to look that way.

What's even weirder is that around the release of both these devices, Nintendo released a Donkey Kong Country game O_o