By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My rant against gamers who buy yearly sequels.

buy a nintendo

Around the Network

COD games are every other year to be the most accurate. They have 2 devs working on them so they have as much time as Naughty Dog (for example) do before they put out the next Uncharted game.

Though I can't completely agree with you about Halo...what you're ranting against can be summed up with two words:

Mainstream gamers.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

You need to take Halo out of there,  even the spinoffs are better games than the other yearly titles you listed.  Hell half the shooters created wish they were as good a game as any Halo game.  Especially Halo: Reach

Yearly franchises tend to crash sometime in the future.

NFS, Guitar Hero and Rock Band are examples...

CoD will be down to average levels in 2 years.

I wonder what will be the n#1 genre next to that though.

Around the Network

I absolutely agree with you. Manipulate the consumer, thats all it is. And what Jay said.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Because I enjoy a new FIFA every year, the slight tweaks are normally surprisingly deep, and the work that EA has put into it really shows and I want to support that

I bought my second Assassin's Creed in 2 years because Brotherhood looked amazing, and I really couldn't get enough of 2, and I am very happy with my purchase

I bought my 4th (or so) CoD in 4 years because they are still very good games

Maybe it's just me, but a good game is a good game, even if it is quite similar to the one I played before; the reason I am buying it is because it is similar to that game I enjoyed before

enrageorange said:
SecondWar said:

Since when was there a yearly Halo game?

because spin offs and expansions count as yearly for games you don't like duhh. Well I'm sick and tired there is a mario game that comes out every month then. I'm tired that every single sony franchise is getting sequels even though the games and the sequels are great. I mean GOD if I enjoy a game it better never come out again.

The only games that really are overmade are activision, ubisoft, and EA games that get really popular. Specifically Assassins Creed, CoD, and all sports games. Nothing else is really coming out too often.

Did somebody say Assassin's Creed?

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/45053/assassins-creed-brotherhood/

And Call of Duty?

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/44951/call-of-duty-black-ops/

Yeah, those two games have really suffered from being "yearly sequels". 8.7 and 8.8 are really crap scores.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

but I like CoD...

O-D-C said:

but I like CoD...

Well you're not allowed to anymore