By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My rant against gamers who buy yearly sequels.

That was the tamest rant I've ever read.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:

yes i hate them!!!! the games i bought this holiday season were gt5 and assains creed brotherhood. true assains creed became a yearly game but atleast they try to innovate.

The difference is assassins creed provides a very expansive storyline and added multiplayer as a new innovation. Although I wouldnt brand it as a yearly game unless they release AC3 next year. As much as I like AC, rather they held it off for a bit.

SecondWar said:

Since when was there a yearly Halo game?

because spin offs and expansions count as yearly for games you don't like duhh. Well I'm sick and tired there is a mario game that comes out every month then. I'm tired that every single sony franchise is getting sequels even though the games and the sequels are great. I mean GOD if I enjoy a game it better never come out again.

The only games that really are overmade are activision, ubisoft, and EA games that get really popular. Specifically Assassins Creed, CoD, and all sports games. Nothing else is really coming out too often.

Supporting the industry?

enrageorange said:
SecondWar said:

Since when was there a yearly Halo game?

because spin offs and expansions count as yearly for games you don't like duhh. Well I'm sick and tired there is a mario game that comes out every month then. I'm tired that every single sony franchise is getting sequels even though the games and the sequels are great. I mean GOD if I enjoy a game it better never come out again.

The only games that really are overmade are activision, ubisoft, and EA games that get really popular. Specifically Assassins Creed, CoD, and all sports games. Nothing else is really coming out too often.

Well Assassins Creed is one of my favourite game series so Im not complaining, and the sports games make sense as there is a new season of it in real life every year (way to milk your sport, sport associations!). COD, well I cant be bothered with that anymore

Around the Network

Black Ops has the best multiplayer shooter experience ever, get over it.That game is filled with so many hours of gaming extacy that it is always worth picking up.

But I hate Activision, so I buy every copy of COD since COD 4 used because Activision really does not care about the consumer.  I also never will buy their map packs because they charge to much for them.

Maybe its because you're one of those crazy people who actually cares about innovation. Most of the rest of us just want a game which takes us from no fun to fun as rapidly and as often as possible.

P.S. I hope you don't watch infomercials and actually buy those crazy 'innovative' products.

Tease.

Profit thats why. but i have a  problem with a company that makes alot off sequals and wont make innovative new ips as well.

d21lewis said:

That was the tamest rant I've ever read.

LMAO

i don't have a problem with the yearly sequels...if they weren't any good, then id have a problem..but i love call of duty..and ill pay $60 a year to have a fun for mannnny hours...the only problem is the DLC...im sure they purposely leave out levels from the actual game to make u pay $15 for a map-pack or $30 for two down the road.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"