By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My rant against gamers who buy yearly sequels.

Seriously, why in the world do many people continue to buy yearly sequels or iterations of basically the same game?Every year there is a Madden, Halo, CoD game that sells millions. I am actually disappointed Black Ops sold even better than the last Call of Duty game. It is because of these people video game companies have no incentive to make new,  innovative, interesting video games. Every year they spew out a slight variation of the last game and stamp a new title on it and it sells millions. Unbelievable.

Around the Network

I do belive it is fitting to put

Cool story, bro

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
OoSnap said:

Seriously, why in the world do many people continue to buy yearly sequels or iterations of basically the same game?Every year there is a Madden, Halo, CoD game that sells millions. I am actually disappointed Black Ops sold even better than the last Call of Duty game. It is because of these people video game companies have no incentive to make new,  innovative, interesting video games. Every year they spew out a slight variation of the last game and stamp a new title on it and it sells millions. Unbelievable.

kinect, move ... they are producing different types of games ... just not any I'm interested in.

yes i hate them!!!! the games i bought this holiday season were gt5 and assains creed brotherhood. true assains creed became a yearly game but atleast they try to innovate.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

sheep

talk about something i'd never do. don't follow the herd cause there always going in the wrong direction.

Around the Network

Halo isnt a yearly released game.

From a business stand point it's the smart thing to do, if you have a franchise that sells millions year after year why would you stop releasing it yearly?

You should have some games of your collection listed here, so that I could comment on them.

Since when was there a yearly Halo game?

It is what it is. just ignore them. I know I can easily find new and innovative games.