By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Against the grain: What Nintendo SHOULD have done/should do with the Wii

Yeah, I do not play many puzzle games. I enjoy tetris and Proffesor Layton, but that is mostly it.

Back on topic though, Nintendo should have put more emphasis on the vc and they should have had a larger flash drive or a hard drive attachment. They also need a new fzero and star fox game.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:

Yeah, I do not play many puzzle games. I enjoy tetris and Proffesor Layton, but that is mostly it.

Back on topic though, Nintendo should have put more emphasis on the vc and they should have had a larger flash drive or a hard drive attachment. They also need a new fzero and star fox game.

VC was and is not a priority for Nintendo. That's Wiiware. I hate to say this because I was one of the people eargly waiting for it but is understandable. VC is more or a treat for the core fans and lapsed gamers, with Nostalgia being a huge factor. Is important but not Top priority while Wiiware is to give independent studios and even the big ones a platform to make small scale games with low budgets and  more importantly to find new talent and genres. Like Iwatta said, "to find the new tetris". It makes sense, why focus in the past instead of the future?

After 4 years is obvious that the storage issue  wasn't a huge deal and we should drop that argument now. Is useless, silly and the reality is that it didn't affect sales at all. If a HD was that important then gamers would have switched to the HD twins and that's not happening. It would be nice yeah true but it could manage without it very well. Maybe next console may correct that.

I am pretty sure that they are working on them. Both franchises were never very succesful so they are not very important. Although the same could be said of Metroid and they made 2 games but we all know how terrible the 2d one faired..I guess that they are making them for the WM but who knows..

Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:

VC was and is not a priority for Nintendo. That's Wiiware. I hate to say this because I was one of the people eargly waiting for it but is understandable. VC is more or a treat for the core fans and lapsed gamers, with Nostalgia being a huge factor. Is important but not Top priority while Wiiware is to give independent studios and even the big ones a platform to make small scale games with low budgets and  more importantly to find new talent and genres. Like Iwatta said, "to find the new tetris". It makes sense, why focus in the past instead of the future?

After 4 years is obvious that the storage issue  wasn't a huge deal and we should drop that argument now. Is useless, silly and the reality is that it didn't affect sales at all. If a HD was that important then gamers would have switched to the HD twins and that's not happening. It would be nice yeah true but it could manage without it very well. Maybe next console may correct that.

I am pretty sure that they are working on them. Both franchises were never very succesful so they are not very important. Although the same could be said of Metroid and they made 2 games but we all know how terrible the 2d one faired..I guess that they are making them for the WM but who knows..

I ran out of space in  mid 2007 and it took a while for them to finally release a solution so space was a problem. It may have affected sales, maybe not hardware, but software sales on the vc. As for wiiware being their priority, I would like a link to that quote by Iwata.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:

I ran out of space in  mid 2007 and it took a while for them to finally release a solution so space was a problem. It may have affected sales, maybe not hardware, but software sales on the vc. As for wiiware being their priority, I would like a link to that quote by Iwata.

You =/= the rest of the world. And you cannot know that because Nintendo never realeases sales data of the VC so that's just an assumption.

Don't remember the exact quote but it was prior to the release of the service almost a short after the wii was released. I'll find it and post i here.

Bobbuffalo said:
Conegamer said:

Also, WHO IS BUFFALO BOB!!

yeah?

Liar!

*buffalo bob*  not= *bobbuffalo*

Burn the liar in the stake!

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
Bobbuffalo said:
Conegamer said:

Also, WHO IS BUFFALO BOB!!

yeah?

Liar!

*buffalo bob*  not= *bobbuffalo*

Burn the liar in the stake!

potatoe, potato  :P

Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:

You =/= the rest of the world. And you cannot know that because Nintendo never realeases sales data of the VC so that's just an assumption.

Don't remember the exact quote but it was prior to the release of the service almost a short after the wii was released. I'll find it and post i here.

A rightful assumption. Is it not logical to assume that a lack of room to put games from the vc, would deter some(even if it is just a small minority) from downloading games after filling up the wii's memory capacity? Even if it was minor, they could have a least had the feature they have now, which would have helped. You of all should know about this memory problem seeing as you have 39 vc games and 5 ww games (if your profile is to be believed).

homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:

A rightful assumption. Is it not logical to assume that a lack of room to put games from the vc, would deter some(even if it is just a small minority) from downloading games after filling up the wii's memory capacity? Even if it was minor, they could have a least had the feature they have now, which would have helped. You of all should know about this memory problem seeing as you have 39 vc games and 5 ww games (if your profile is to be believed).

*shrugs* I had them in my SD card waaay before the SD channel  appeared. 

Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:

I had an sd card too and it was just a nuisance to constantly games switch games which certainly deterred me from making as many  impulse buys. Think how bad it would have been for people without sd cards.

homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:
Bobbuffalo said:
homer said:

I had an sd card too and it was just a nuisance to constantly games switch games which certainly deterred me from making as many  impulse buys. Think how bad it would have been for people without sd cards.

I bet itwas.

Listen, I never said it wasn't an issue. Otherwise they would have never released the SD channel. But saying that itwas a HUGE issue and affected them is untrue  because the machines kept seelling anyway.

The true is that only hardcore gamers made a big fuzz about it. And they are nothing but a very small population of gamers. A very VOCAL one indeed. But small in the end.