By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2010 hangover: Games that you regret buying and why

ameratsu said:
greenmedic88 said:

I bought all of them in a span of maybe 2 years. That didn't help.

I rarely use my PSP so I never got through Chains of Olympus due to the big back catalog of unfinished games. And then Ghost of Sparta came out, which may actually be the first I finish.

Chains of Olympus is a watery piece of crap compared to God of War 1 and 2. Haven't played 3 or Ghost of Sparta yet. 

OT: Haven't bought anything bad this year. Maybe Trauma Center: New Blood because I'm awful at it?

I was just talking to someone about PS3 games today and God of War came up.  He was a fan of God of War but he actually though the PSP games far outshined the console ones.

He said the PSP ones were better at making you use your various weapons and just in general set up situations better.

Around the Network

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Series (Wii): This game has sold oodles and oodles, and it was $10, so I wanted to see what all the hooplah was about. I can understand the appeal (It's Lego... and Star Wars.) but I just found the gameplay to be so dull and lifeless.

Canabalt (iPhone): It's a running game for $3. The music is neat... but it's a running game for $3. Just play the PC version for free...

Other than that it's been a great year for me.

Fortunately I use rental services, so I don't have purchase regrets.

However, I did buy New Vegas. I can't say i regret buying it because I got a lot of hours of entertainment. But it sure as hell didn't live up to my expectations.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

hatmoza said:

Final Fantasy XIII

Modnation Racers

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2

Halo Reach

DanceDanceRevolution PS3

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Why?! You were so excited for that game!

Smeags said:

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Series (Wii): This game has sold oodles and oodles, and it was $10, so I wanted to see what all the hooplah was about. I can understand the appeal (It's Lego... and Star Wars.) but I just found the gameplay to be so dull and lifeless.

Canabalt (iPhone): It's a running game for $3. The music is neat... but it's a running game for $3. Just play the PC version for free...

Other than that it's been a great year for me.

Crap I forgot about the Lego games.  I bought Lego Harry Potter since it was supposed to be less combat and more puzzles but it was really more of the same as Lego Star Wars with less combat (which did make it better, but still not good).  The humor is top notch but everything else is boring.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

I was just talking to someone about PS3 games today and God of War came up.  He was a fan of God of War but he actually though the PSP games far outshined the console ones.

He said the PSP ones were better at making you use your various weapons and just in general set up situations better.

I... I guess I could see why one might say that.  I personally felt Chains of Olympus was essentially God of War II, only it was shorter, uglier, had a weaker story, and had gimped combat thanks to the PSP's button layout.   All that on a tiny screen.

twesterm said:

ModNation Racers

I honestly didn't have high hopes for this game but I like kart racers so I gave it a try.  I know it's hard to be disappointed by a game you don't care about but this game just pissed me off so much.  I couldn't get past the third race because the AI was just so difficult (and don't tell me about a patch, I sold it long ago).  I would easily be in first the entire race but then in the last half of the last lap every time the AI would just unload on me and I would be screwed.  The AI would save their weapons almost the entire race and there would be nothing I could do about it. 

I tried for well over an hour to get past the third race in the game and I just couldn't do it.  You can call me terrible at a game all you want, the third race of the game shouldn't be that hard.

Really? If you're that bad at MNR then you should never play another kart racing game again. It's got a pretty short learning curve and once you know how the game works winning the story mode races becomes pretty straight forward. And I'm talking about normal mode. Easy mode was unnecessary really. Did they patch normal mode to make it a little easier, I donb't recall that being mentioned?

Actaully I don't know aht I'm doing here because there isn't a game I've bought in 2010 that's given me buyer's remorse.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

makingmusic476 said:
twesterm said:

I... I guess I could see why one might say that.  I personally felt Chains of Olympus was essentially God of War II, only it was shorter, uglier, had a weaker story, and had gimped combat thanks to the PSP's button layout.   All that on a tiny screen.

Hmm, well I did think the story for God of War II was all around silly and didn't make a lot of sense (Kratos starts shit, Zeus rightfully reacts, Kratos gets angry?) and thought it was  it was way too long and he agreed with me so maybe yall just think differently.  :-p

twesterm said:

Crap I forgot about the Lego games.  I bought Lego Harry Potter since it was supposed to be less combat and more puzzles but it was really more of the same as Lego Star Wars with less combat (which did make it better, but still not good).  The humor is top notch but everything else is boring.

I played a little of Years 1-4 at my friends house and I agree that it's a better game. Still, the gameplay isn't exactly inspired (Something's glowing! Hit as many buttons as you can until something happens!) but the humor of combining Harry Potter and Legos is pretty fantastic.

Darth Recommended me nier

nier was bad. imo

On the other hand, people saying the recent tomb raider's sucked were wrong. I bought them all and they're awesome, but flawed.