By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2010 hangover: Games that you regret buying and why

JamaicameCRAZY said:
greenmedic88 said:

I've yet to finish a God of War game (I have all of them).

HOW!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!

I bought all of them in a span of maybe 2 years. That didn't help.

I rarely use my PSP so I never got through Chains of Olympus due to the big back catalog of unfinished games. And then Ghost of Sparta came out, which may actually be the first I finish.

I'm sure I'll finish GoW III eventually because I'd like to see the ending (not on YouTube) of the story.

Truth is, I just find GoW games in general to be pretty repetitive and very similar to one another. Not that they aren't some of the finest examples of quality crafted games.

If you play segments of all of the games at the same time, most would probably be inclined to agree without obessessing over the minor differences between each.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII.

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

I'd say Enslaved but I got it for $20.

Final Fantasy XIV

This is actually my biggest disappointment this gen, I had such high hopes for this game that I actually built a gaming computer just to play it.  What I got was a giant slap in the face because it could not have been more apparent SE doesn't give two shits about their customers, they only wanted money.  They didn't pay attention to anything people in the beta said and ignored everything every other RPG did right so they could create one of the worst UI's in the history of gaming, down right stupid system that essentially limits the amount of time you can play in a day that you pay to play, and strangely omitted things such as an auction house.

I really can't think of a game that is a bigger insult to loyal fans.  I even bought the collector's edition (which I never do).  ;_;

ModNation Racers

I honestly didn't have high hopes for this game but I like kart racers so I gave it a try.  I know it's hard to be disappointed by a game you don't care about but this game just pissed me off so much.  I couldn't get past the third race because the AI was just so difficult (and don't tell me about a patch, I sold it long ago).  I would easily be in first the entire race but then in the last half of the last lap every time the AI would just unload on me and I would be screwed.  The AI would save their weapons almost the entire race and there would be nothing I could do about it. 

I tried for well over an hour to get past the third race in the game and I just couldn't do it.  You can call me terrible at a game all you want, the third race of the game shouldn't be that hard.

Modnation Racers. It's not a bad game but my expectations were not met.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Damn, so many people regret buying FFXIII ?! Best RPG of 2010 !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
greenmedic88 said:

I've yet to finish a God of War game (I have all of them).

HOW!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!

I bought all of them in a span of maybe 2 years. That didn't help.

I rarely use my PSP so I never got through Chains of Olympus due to the big back catalog of unfinished games. And then Ghost of Sparta came out, which may actually be the first I finish.

I'm sure I'll finish GoW III eventually because I'd like to see the ending (not on YouTube) of the story.

Truth is, I just find GoW games in general to be pretty repetitive and very similar to one another. Not that they aren't some of the finest examples of quality crafted games.

If you play segments of all of the games at the same time, most would probably be inclined to agree without obessessing over the minor differences between each.

Yea i can see that i suppose. I got the collection and played through 1 & 2 and had a blast but i still had a little bit to wait to get GOW3. So i was eager to get into it. I just dont get how people can hate GOW so much or not want to play it. My brother hasnt finished GOW2 after he barrowed the collection from me and i keep bringing up GOW3 to him and he has no desire to play it it seems. He's to busy with mw2/black ops =/.

I cant wait to get a psp to get some chains of olympus and ghost of sparta.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Red Dead Redemption. Jesus Christ Internet! Stop over hyping and praising Rockstar bullshit. I keep falling for it and I keeping getting burnt.

Final Fantasy 13. Played it for 3 hours and then stopped. I can't imagine how anyone could have fun with the game. It's horrible.

I'm starting to notice a pattern with these big games and them usually always being shit.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

twesterm said:

Final Fantasy XIV

This is actually my biggest disappointment this gen, I had such high hopes for this game that I actually built a gaming computer just to play it.  What I got was a giant slap in the face because it could not have been more apparent SE doesn't give two shits about their customers, they only wanted money.  They didn't pay attention to anything people in the beta said and ignored everything every other RPG did right so they could create one of the worst UI's in the history of gaming, down right stupid system that essentially limits the amount of time you can play in a day that you pay to play, and strangely omitted things such as an auction house.

I really can't think of a game that is a bigger insult to loyal fans.  I even bought the collector's edition (which I never do).  ;_;

ModNation Racers

I honestly didn't have high hopes for this game but I like kart racers so I gave it a try.  I know it's hard to be disappointed by a game you don't care about but this game just pissed me off so much.  I couldn't get past the third race because the AI was just so difficult (and don't tell me about a patch, I sold it long ago).  I would easily be in first the entire race but then in the last half of the last lap every time the AI would just unload on me and I would be screwed.  The AI would save their weapons almost the entire race and there would be nothing I could do about it. 

I tried for well over an hour to get past the third race in the game and I just couldn't do it.  You can call me terrible at a game all you want, the third race of the game shouldn't be that hard.

haha yea modnation is WAY to difficult. I am suprised i havent seen anyone else besides you say this, everyone complains about the load times or whatever. I remember trying for 2 hours to beat a single race because each and every time i would be in first something would happen, it was just rediculous.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Doobie_wop said:

Red Dead Redemption. Jesus Christ Internet! Stop over hyping and praising Rockstar bullshit. I keep falling for it and I keeping getting burnt.

Final Fantasy 13. Played it for 3 hours and then stopped. I can't imagine how anyone could have fun with the game. It's horrible.

I'm starting to notice a pattern with these big games and them usually always being shit.

That's why I never buy into hype :D

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space.  The jokes weren't funny, the game ran like utter crap, the puzzles were not fun... such a let down compared to the first season.