By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2010 hangover: Games that you regret buying and why

COD Black Ops Wii- buggy as hell along with a few other minor complaints. Complete waste of $50

Epic Mickey - The camera really takes away from the fun factor for me. Parts of it are just a snooze fest. I find the best looking and funnest parts of the game to be the little 2D sections. If they would have added a lot more with the 2D sections the way they already set them up could have been a great game. Part of my dislike of this game is how it was suppose to bring new things, it didnt unless you include being the first platformer on Wii I likly wont bother finishing.

Really all in all its not been a bad year at all. I have enjoyed and replayed all my games from this year except those two. Since i bought around 30 or so games (Wii/WiiWare/DS thats pretty good.

Around the Network

Kirby's Epic Yarn - i was so happy to hear a new kirby game at E3..it was def a 1st day pick up for me even though it did look too kiddy...i started playing it and wasn't thrilled right off the bat..i kept grinding it out because i read so many great things in the reviews about this game...i ended up beating it, but was too simple and kiddy for me...collecting lil jewel bits just isn't gonna cut it for me..

NHL 11 - granted my brother bought this and not I, but i LOVED '09 hated '10..and still not happy with '11...maybe next year...

Alan Wake - I needed a game to play at the time so i hopped on the Alan Wake bandwagon...played about half of it..basically same thing over and over...see a shadowy figure..shine a light on him blow him away...

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Well, I haven't bought to many games this year. Maybe the only one is Super Mario World, but its not a bad game, is only that I sucks.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Well, I haven't bought to many games this year. Maybe the only one is Super Mario World, but its not a bad game, is only that I sucks.

You're 20 years late to the party dude...

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
Pavolink said:

You're 20 years late to the party dude...

It seems. Still I prefer Super Mario Bros 3.

I bought this year Metroid Prime Trilogy and some VC games (like Super Metroid and TLOZ: Majora's Mask).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII - Not only was it boring, but I also wasted an Amazon $10 credit on this snoozefest. 

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Since I rarely paid full price for new games in 2010 (Amazon sales, Steam sales, etc.) I didn't have many major regrets.

For a game that cost less than $20, it hardly matters if I only play it a few times. At $30-40, it doesn't matter if I never bother to finish the game.

But at regular retail price, if you can't wait for a sale, that should mean you want to finish the game as soon as possible and then start digging into all the extras. If not... you may as well wait until later.

So maybe the topic should be which games did you buy that you regret paying full price for.

I paid close to full price on Alan Wake, Halo Reach, Heavy Rain, Metroid Other M, God of War III and CoD Black Ops.

Of those, Metroid was definitely not worth my $50 as I have no intention of finishing the game. I loved it that much.

I didn't buy Black Ops, but I'm pretty sure the copy that was given to me was bought full price, despite my insistance that I wasn't buying the game because it wasn't worth $60 to me. Still not worth $60 even though the game is unlikely to be heavily discounted until the next CoD is released.

I could have waited on most of the others, but... I did finish Alan Wake, Heavy Rain and Halo Reach on the first weekend I had my copy, so; worth it.

I've yet to finish a God of War game (I have all of them).

Enslaved-  Got the game based on the demo and trailer which were great. But when i got the game the graphics were glitchy as hell and that really distracted me from getting into the game. The story was a little weak/short and the ending really disappointed me. The game had a ton of potential but it just felt rushed, i was just glad i turned it in quick and got most of my money back.

Red Dead- Quite a glitchy game, i can remember one intance when my wife was was riding around with the doctor guy and was trying to help him sell his elixior crap and the crowd turned into a mob and she had to make a quick getaway. So she jumped on the stagecoach and prepares to leave and to our surprise it had no horses (when they were there a second before), so her and the good doctor got slaughtered and there was nothing she could do about it. There was a bunch more stuff like that. Also i couldnt get into the story, sandbox games are really difficult for me anyway. The multiplayer had a lot of potential but they didnt exicute it very well, capping  the party at 8 people, not very much to do, repetative, not to fun. I just really wasnt that impressed by the game.

New Vegas- Another glitchy game, it just screamed 60$ add on. Also i felt like it was a step backwards.

Modnation- Long load times, incredibly difficult story (like frustratingly), awesome customisations but not enough people on it or a unique way to show it off. Still a pretty fun party game just a bit disappointing.

MW2- biggest disappointment, dont even really need to state why.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Tayne said:

Final Fantasy XIII - Not only was it boring, but I also wasted an Amazon $10 credit on this snoozefest. 

But it has so much play value, most people who buy the game will NEVER see the ending. That's value!

I gave up after less than 20 hours. Those tunnel-like level designs are a metaphor for the game. They just keep going on, and on, and on.

Neat cut scenes though.

greenmedic88 said:

I've yet to finish a God of War game (I have all of them).

HOW!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!