By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2010 hangover: Games that you regret buying and why

Sometimes are impulsive buying, other the result of the hype, but at the end the story is the same. Sepnd 60 bucks in somthing that isn't very good is quite painful, so let's see what games didn't live to your expectations this 2010.

Heavy Rain: One of the most interesting experiences that I had this year, the interface and control scheme was really good and natural. My only gripe, I didn't like the story and the characters; at times the story was so slow paced to my taste, the "uncanny valley" effect did his job and the general experience was kinda disappointing, don’t get me wrong I think the interface is great but I’d rather see something like Dragon’s Lair using this technology instead of more crime/drama/Hallmark quality writting.

Dante’s Inferno: I was expeting a fun God of War ripoff, but instead it was a bad, bland, boring GoD ripoff. The art design is amazing, but the rest is complety forgetable, bad music, bad story, bad characters and probably one of the worst beast riding that I’ve seen in any game, if you’re curious you can get it for 30 or 20 bucks, but spending 60 green papers in that thing was a huge mistake.

Samurai Warriors 3: I can’t believe that a game can be so full of stuff in the screen and feel so empty at the same time. With mindless combat and a poor excuse for a story this game was one of the most disappointing experences this yearm but I guess it has its fans so maybe I’m missing something with series.

Around the Network

Wario Land: Shake It!: Spent $50 on this and went to the store the VERY next day and it was $20.

fallout new vegas cant believe i bought that but made a nice profit selling it so i guess wasnt to bad

Super Mario Galaxy 2: I didn't LOVE SMG and didn't plan to get this, but everyone said it was SO much better than the first. I got it, played it, thought it was too similar to the first. Then everyone says "it picks up halfway through", so I grind through some stars and keep playing, but it NEVER got any better. What a waste of $50, at least it got me Demon's Souls for $10 from Amazon.

Final Fantasy XIII: I'm unsure because I still haven't beaten it, but I got to Chapter 9 and felt like I should've been at Chapter 11 two chapters ago (confusing sentences FTW). The game took too long to open up, the lack of NPC interaction is infuriating, and the battle system is too repetitive. I want to beat it though, because to be honest there's plenty of aspects of FFXIII that I absolutely love. I wish RPG's just went back to simple ATB/Turn-based though...

That's about it, everything else I'm happy with so far, even though I haven't beaten all of my 2010 games.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

God of War 3. I bought it day one but I played it just recently and it's now at a much lower price.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 13, all my other disappintments have been rentals but they weren't as painful so I guess by default, it's just FF13.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

red dead redemption because its typical rockstar gargbage.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Bioshock 2 and Mass effect 2.

Bioshock2 - Was more of the same and wasn't as compelling like the first IMO.

Mass effect 2- should have know it was gonna get announced for ps3 I should have waited....=.=

MrBubbles said:

red dead redemption because its typical rockstar gargbage.

100% agree...what a waste of my money

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

King of Fighters 12, my god it was the worst game i bought this gen