By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: MHP3 and PSP figures

bmmb1 said:
nen-suer said:

Amazing numbers, wonder how much MH3 would have sold if Capcom shipped more copies.

Obviously they HAVE shipped more copies, otherwise the sales number would have been 2 million or less....

Obviously i meant more than that.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:

You can say what you want but I think this shows the brilliance of Capcom having put MH3 on the Wii. By doing so, Capcom expanded the market reach of the MH franchise even further than it reached before in Japan, to encompass some of the Nintendo crowd as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Japanese PSP buyers this week were Wii owners who were first exposed to the MH franchise throgh MH3 (exposed as in having played).

You are giving MH3 too much credit. MH2G has an amazing legs. It is selling up until now. There's also an exlusive MH3P bundle so it's no wonder MH3P selling this well.

PS: I lost my bet lol! but it came close so I don't mind and I am happy.

jarrod said:

Impressive figures... I wonder what kind of behind the scenes bidding war is happening for MH on 3DS/PSP2?

Or iPhone/iPad?

OT:
Amazing numbers. Goes to show the PSP is far from dead in Japan. Shame that the rest of the world doesn't see it the same way!

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

Impressive figures... I wonder what kind of behind the scenes bidding war is happening for MH on 3DS/PSP2?

Or iPhone/iPad?

OT:
Amazing numbers. Goes to show the PSP is far from dead in Japan. Shame that the rest of the world doesn't see it the same way!

Naw, Apple hasn't learned the fine art of moneyhatting yet... fear for the day they do though. :x

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

Or iPhone/iPad?

OT:

Piracy. :(

The PSP got a lot of great games but the Piracy really dug a hole that Sony can't get out of.

Around the Network

So Monster Hunter's week one is bigger than Gran Turismo 5's week one.

Dude, that's just crazy.

Awesome sales, the handhelds are really tearing it up in Japan.

Smeags said:

Dude, that's just crazy.

What? In Japan MH >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gran Turismo.

Sony probably will pay for Monster Hunter Portable 4 be an PSP2 exclusivo.

ethomaz said:

I just meant that MHP3 Japan > GT5 WW is pretty stunning.

It still boggles my mind.

GT5 will have better legs, but its still crazy to see MH with such a huge opening in only one country.

ethomaz said:
Smeags said:

Dude, that's just crazy.

Japan MH sales > WW GT5 sales.