By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: MHP3 and PSP figures

palancas7 said:

So it sold more than it was shipped? O_O

Amazing hein ?

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:
italo244 said:

Sony probably will pay for Monster Hunter Portable 4 be an PSP2 exclusivo.

I suppose that would really pricey considering that Capcom might also have a shitload of profit with a 3DS iteration.

It will sell just as well on PSP2. Not to mention that MHP is more than one game series for PSP. It defines whole platform in Japan. Sony would be stupid not to moneyhat capcom and I seriously doubt that Nintendo will enter that race as they already have Pokemon, Mario and probably next DQ so they really don't need MHP. it would be just nice bonus.

So ...

Pokémon (Portable) >> Main Mario 2D >>> Monster Hunter (Portable) >> Dragon Quest >>>>>>>> Final Fantasy.

Poor Final Fantasy :P

NoCtiS_NoX said:

There's also an exlusive MH3P bundle so it's no wonder MH3P selling this well.

From what I read no - there is a PSP 3000 with MH pictures and stuff on it, but no PSP bundled with MH3P.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

From what I read no - there is a PSP 3000 with MH pictures and stuff on it, but no PSP bundled with MH3P.

Lol! yeah I forgot about that but still my point stands. MHtri doesn't have anything to do with it but MH2G having great legs, it's popularity right now and the boost for the PSP is with those exclusive PSP. That PSP looks sick. I even want to have one even if though I already have a PSP.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
bmmb1 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Lol! yeah I forgot about that but still my point stands. MHtri doesn't have anything to do with it but MH2G having great legs, it's popularity right now and the boost for the PSP is with those exclusive PSP. That PSP looks sick. I even want to have one even if though I already have a PSP.

"MHtri doesn't have anything to do " - so you think, but MH2G legs can only be resposible for an increase in  MH3P sales, since anyone who got MH2G already got a PSP... So - if most of the more than 300k PSPs were the MH PSP, you're right. But if most were not, then where did these suddenly come from? In that case I would say exposure to MH Tri.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Just imagine if they actually shipped enough copies holy crap! Second week should be interesting.

0_0 WOW! I was expecting big numbers but DAAAAAAAAMN

and this imo tells it was almost a 100% sell through of the initial shipment!!!! I'm sure when they said 2mil it doesn't mean an exact 2mil, mst prob it was a bit more than that but below 2.5 mil (if not they would have used that figure) this is amazing stuff!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Carl2291 said:

Or iPhone/iPad?

OT:
Amazing numbers. Goes to show the PSP is far from dead in Japan. Shame that the rest of the world doesn't see it the same way!

Piracy. :(

The PSP got a lot of great games but the Piracy really dug a hole that Sony can't get out of.

But wouldn't piracy hurt software sales, not so much hardware sales?

Andriasang is saying that this figure doesn't include the Go...so maybe it will have a few more 1000 to it also lol

"Over the week, PSP sold 326,639 hardware units (not including PSP go)"

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!