By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: MHP3 and PSP figures

kopstudent89 said:

Lol it didnt even ship 2 million .. lol

Could be wrong news or Capcom made a second day shipment (most probable).

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:

Lol it didnt even ship 2 million .. lol

Capcom did not say they shipped only 2 million copies. They put out a press release saying that they have shipped 2 million copies, which means they have passed the 2 million milestone. S-E did the same thing with FFXIII. They released press report about FFXIII having shipped 1 million copies. It sold a lot more than that during its first week. Same thing.

Amazing numbers, wonder how much MH3 would have sold if Capcom shipped more copies.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

1st Week Sales Chart (Top 5)

1. Pokemon Black / White --- 2.637.285 (2 days)
2. Final Fantasy VIII --- 2.504.044 (4 days)
3. Dragon Quest IX --- 2.343.440 (2 days)
4. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King --- 2.236.881 (2 days)
5. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd --- 2.146.467 (5 days)

AMAZING,imagine if PSP would be as popular in the whole world as it is in Japan.

Around the Network

You can say what you want but I think this shows the brilliance of Capcom having put MH3 on the Wii. By doing so, Capcom expanded the market reach of the MH franchise even further than it reached before in Japan, to encompass some of the Nintendo crowd as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Japanese PSP buyers this week were Wii owners who were first exposed to the MH franchise throgh MH3 (exposed as in having played).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

nen-suer said:

Amazing numbers, wonder how much MH3 would have sold if Capcom shipped more copies.

Obviously they HAVE shipped more copies, otherwise the sales number would have been 2 million or less....

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Amazing, but but MH owners already have a PSP, lol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Zlejedi said:

Looks like Japanise refuse to notice PSP is supposed to be dead ;)

It only does everthing... even reborn his little brother.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Impressive figures... I wonder what kind of behind the scenes bidding war is happening for MH on 3DS/PSP2?