By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword: Realistic graphics Vs Cell Shaded (Pics)

The more realistic look, looks far better than the Cell Shaded look IMO.

But then again... Being cell shaded didn't stop TWW from being an excellent game. So I can handle it

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

I mean, I'd accept the graphics, but it's all nintendo's fault for releasing the art a year earlier......

We don't understand anything about Art's history, first time my girlfriend (she is a designer) saw that image, she said to me that it had an Impressionistic style and this year Nintendo has confirmed that she was right.

skyword sword is not fully cell shaded. They trying to go for the realistic brought  bottle of vodka to cell shaded and had a baby called MEH!!

I love Windwaker's art style. The lighting on the cell shaded characters and environment was extremely well done. That game has come the closest for me to bringing an old hand drawn cartoon to life in 3d. Sailing around the world, exploring islands was very relaxing. It only seemed that the last dungeon was a bit rushed, as if a whole section was missing.

Twilight princess was a let down after that. I didn't like the shadow world at all. The normal world could have used a bit more color as well.

I'll agree that the artstyle has potential, but what we've seen so far has been kinda bleh. My guess is its one of those styles that will really show its lustre in large environments, moreso than the small ones (kinda like Xenoblade and the NiGHTS game on Wii)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
cr00mz said:

i love the cel shaded graphics, i just wish more games would use it. I dont see how cell shading can take away from the epicness. I mean look at Okami that game was all kinds of epic, and it used cell shading.

The only thing disapointing with this game is the use of motion plus. which means i either have to buy one of those dumb new controllers or that stupid peripheral that will never ever get used besides for this game and will just sit there on the shelf collecting dust the rest of the time with all the other stupid peripherals.

they better include a zelda mote bundle or i'm going to get mad.

cell shading makes the game more unique, it also masks the crapiness of the wiis hardware and finally much like wind waker will stand the test of time, unlike twillight princess that today looks like a piece of crap.

Seems contrary to what most gamers are saying. The gameplay with WMP should be something unique and special.  Some people are annoyed by the lacking usage of wmp.

I like the stylish look over the Garry's Mod one.

neither looks amazing imo in artstyle. or polygons (obviously).

So if it ends up being fun... and hopefully evolved. that's what matters to me. Granted I wish it didn't use motion controls but thats not really an option XD

The best game of 2011 is just coming, not for its graphics (Which I find great), but for the gameplay and level desings... Amazing bosses, good story, amazing music, best caracter in games (IMO) and so on... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I am way to old to care about "realistic" vs "cartoony" graphics. I want a fun zelda with action and exploration like it used to be on the NES, SNES and to some brief extent OoT. Not like the sleeping pills of WW, TP and PH. So far I like SS style. I know that they will make some things better in the end but I really don't care much about it. Only little kids and tech geeks care about HDREALISTICUNCANNYVALLEYCREEPYNESS stuff.

And to the one that said that the the WM was the only bad thing..are you kidding me?! if there is a game that SCREAMS for WM is Zelda! WM is such a wasted potential that is frustrating. It actually needs more complete games for it!