By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword: Realistic graphics Vs Cell Shaded (Pics)

SaviorX said:

I'm just as worried about SS's final build as you guys, but you are only killing your potential "First Time" by harping on this.

There is still so much about the game that we don't know of. Let's put our stock in the unknown for a while and give it a chance before we claim disappointment.

The art style could create some interesting locations.

The game setting itself could help that fact too.

I guess the land may look very beautiful when we jump from skyloft, with muddy colors all around like an impressionism painting. It would work nicely to blend polygons and pop in some areas without looking like pop-in glitches.

Around the Network

The realistic graphics are soooo much better it's ridiculous.

They should have made the graphics style shiny like Super Mario Galaxy, this "artsy" look doesn't suit Zelda at all. Especially not if they want to market the realistic sword fighting.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Boutros said:

Realistic graphics are much better for the Zelda franchise imo.

i second this

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

I remember when it was Graphics VS Gameplay. Now it's Graphics VS Art Style. Hm. Something is wrong here.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

I like the gfx for skyward sword for some strange reason, however the realistic art you posted is very very nice:-p

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
KungKras said:

They should have made the graphics style shiny like Super Mario Galaxy, this "artsy" look doesn't suit Zelda at all. Especially not if they want to market the realistic sword fighting.

The realistic sword fighting marketing doesn't need at all realistic graphics to work better.

Wii Sports Resort is selling good I'd say, and the game has very clean a simple graphics.

Realistic graphics get dated quick, while stylized games last longer with charming visuals.

Okami and Wind Waker look awesome even nowadays.

Mr.Metralha said:
KungKras said:

The realistic sword fighting marketing doesn't need at all realistic graphics to work better.

Wii Sports Resort is selling good I'd say, and the game has very clean a simple graphics.

Realistic graphics get dated quick, while stylized games last longer with charming visuals.

Okami and Wind Waker look awesome even nowadays.

The Galaxy games will also look awesome for a long time since they look so smooth. I was hoping that Nintendo would do something similar with this Zelda.

I do think Okami and Wind Waker have aged extremely well technically, but WW had just a small fraction of the wow-factor that OoT had on me, even if OoT look horrible today, it was magical when it was new, the way that enemies burned with blue fire when you killed them and dissolved, it was the perfect style for Zelda games.

I still belive Galaxy-like graphics would be the best option.

I LOVE ICELAND!

All things look better in cell-shading.

ALL THINGS.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

all this time and they didnt have enough time to make the textures realistic? there must be bad managing with the dev team

KungKras said:

The Galaxy games will also look awesome for a long time since they look so smooth. I was hoping that Nintendo would do something similar with this Zelda.

I do think Okami and Wind Waker have aged extremely well technically, but WW had just a small fraction of the wow-factor that OoT had on me, even if OoT look horrible today, it was magical when it was new, the way that enemies burned with blue fire when you killed them and dissolved, it was the perfect style for Zelda games.

I still belive Galaxy-like graphics would be the best option.

Well, maybe Nintendo is saving our eyes from a proper jaw dropping  realistic Zelda till the Wii 2 releases :p