By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
*Sound Of Rain said:

Wii>360>PS3 like I expected...but wasn't GT5 supposed to push PS3 above Wii? Its behind the 360 Lol...its just predictions so no big deal as I failed hard with my prediction that both Wii and 360 would outsell PS3 by a lot this Holiday but PS3 is doing above then my expectations! Actually all 3 systems are doing above my expectations and my Wii ones were pretty high.

Anyway, Update: Holiday 2010 sales so far...6 weeks in...4 weeks left

#3 PS3__2 Million 355K(2.355 Million)

#2 360__2 Million 443K(2.443 Million)

#1 Wii__2 Million 872K(2.872 Million)

The gap increases this week for all systems!

360>PS3 by 88K for Holiday 2010...Wii>360 by 429K for Holiday 2010.

Anything could happen in the next 4 weeks so its not over yet though Wii looks to have claimed its spot as #1 for Holiday 2010 but PS3 could still take #2... was 360 only ahead of PS3 due to Black Friday or will this continue?

Also, uDraw sells 105K in week 2 in America!!!

The 360 has been ahead of the PS3 for all of November. It's basically been ahead ever since Kinect launched in the Americas.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
mhsillen said:

This is an official apology to all Sony fans, PS2 is undertracted

You were right and I was talking out my ass

Haha that's nice of you, but no need to be so formal.  It is nice to see that on the forums once in a while though lol.  You have given me hope haha.

PS2 is really close to 145m rather than 136m. I know that as an absolute fact. PS2 shipments were at 143.15m in September.

Software all around was incredible for this week. Everything will drop down until the week before Christmas, but that week will be insane.

Super Mario Collection will be the final punch to a surprisingly powerful software combo. Wii Party/NSMB/MJ Experience/DKCR/ Black Ops & Goldeneye/ JUST DANCE 2/ Mario Kart/Wii Sports Resort/uDraw and hopefully Epic Mickey are primed to literally explode with sales of epic proportions during The Week of Dec.18.

I expected GT5 to get past 8 million one day, and the journey finally starts now. It is already 25% done, so now we will see if the legs can support the best driving Sim ever created.

GTA: San Andreas has to die...no other way around it lol

Black Ops passed 7m on the 360 after a measly 3 weeks!!! Unreal income. Kinect Adventures is movin weight too. I didnt even realize how huge it is.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

smbu2000 said:
LivingMetal said:
smbu2000 said:
LivingMetal said:
LovePeace said:

360 beats PS3 in GT5 launch Week.

360 is a BEAST!

Not really with only a relative 40,000 difference when you consider that the Xbox 360 has almost always greatly outsold the PS3 in the Americas and the casual audience target of Kinect.  But that's just my humble opinion.

:)

Seriously? The 360 sold 540k WW last year (and was outsold by the PS3 in Americas 486k vs. 353k). This year the 360 has sold 844k WW (up over 300k YOY) and outsold the PS3 in the Americas 604k vs. 411k. The PS3 even had Sony's biggest franchise game launch, giving it an extra boost.

I'd say the 360 is doing extremely well at the moment.

The keyword here is "context" in which the Xbox 360 is a beast in comparison to PS3 sales which isn't, again, in my humble opinion.  But, yes, the Xbox 360 sales itself is a beast, but so is the PS3 just not quite as the Xbox 360.

Last year PS3's 778k vs. 360's 540k. This year PS3's 803k (w/GT5 launch) vs. 360's 844k. I'd say it is a beast in comparison to the PS3. Many people thought the PS3 would do over 1 million with GT5's launch and Black Friday. Instead it gets outsold by the 360...

Both are over 800K and within 40K of each other, you simply can't claim either is a beast vs the other.  They both did well and - predictably - their results were skewed by region, indicating that while the boosts are good the current status quo where 360/Kinect is more attractive in US and PS3/Move is more attractive outside US (relative to each others sales by region) hasn't changed much nor seems likely to.

What I would accept is MS played the Kinect release very well, timing it close to the holidays and linked to some great deals.  Move releasing earlier allowed Sony to get to market first, but meant the initial interest and peaks had weakened much more than Kinect.

GT5 put PS3 ahead in EMEA, but in US it's just not as big and I'd argue racing titles in US overall have slumped a bit this gen.

Result, a very close week in percentage ratio.  Great performances by both HD consoles - neither is beast relative to the other.

Now, if you want to talk about the Wii's seasonal boost relative to the HD consoles and it's recent sales - well, that is a bit of a beast of a seasonal boost!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Immortal said:

Kinda disappointed by Wii sales. Just 25k shy of being up YOY. Should close that gap next week though, :D.

Yay for DS>PS2. Finally!

I know that DKCR's only in Americas and NSMB's bundled and all, but it's rather awkward to see it below NSMB on launch week, :P.

How can you be disappointed at 1.1mil in one week, and being miles ahead of the competition?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I just have to say, Nintendo is doing amazing. DS and Wii are just unstopabble.I love how everything turned out.... it just make it better.

Keep it up

CGI-Quality said:

You beat me to it!

GT5 launches to 2.07 mill

Uncharted 2 hits 4 million (man, I remember the doubt behind this game)

Sports Champions is a million seller!

I must say, I was quite wrong about how this week would turn out. I thought it would be Wii>PS3>360. Even though the PS3 and 360 difference isn't very large, it's still a bit of a shock. The 360 has performed exceptionally this holiday!

BF boost were exceptional... and if there is slightly adjustments (not sure if the EMEAA numbers are really this low on GT5 week) i can see a virtual tie.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Saruman said:

Why are people so excited about Sports Champions sales? 50% or more of these sales came from bundles, so i don't see, what's so special about this number.

Are people cheering that Kinect Adventures has sold more than 2.4 million units?

If people cheer Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resorts and now Mario Kart Wii and NSMBWii even though the sales are nearly all tied to console/hardware sales then why not SC?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Although, yeah, I'm as suprised as anyone at Wii winning!

Also, does anyone remember that Epic Mickey in Americas has like 250,000 pre-orders? It'll be fine, probably at 1mil before Christmas!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

thx1139 said:
Saruman said:

Why are people so excited about Sports Champions sales? 50% or more of these sales came from bundles, so i don't see, what's so special about this number.

Are people cheering that Kinect Adventures has sold more than 2.4 million units?

If people cheer Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resorts and now Mario Kart Wii and NSMBWii even though the sales are nearly all tied to console/hardware sales then why not SC?

MS should ecstatic with those numbers.  A hell of a lot more than I thought