By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nintendogamer said:
NYANKS said:
DrPollit0 said:
DS 1,440,792 ( 134%) 138,857,979
PS2 119,102 ( 51%) 138,374,618

Wait... Nintendo DS overtake PlayStation 2!! ^0^/

No, it didn't.  ioi has said that the numbers are highly undertracked for PS2, it will shortly be ahead again.  Might be adjusted by a few million.

If DS shipments over take PS2, what would be next? that Nintendo over-shipped DS or that DS is way over-tracked?

lol, I'm sure some excuse would be conjured up again by some folks. 

But it does look like the DS will overtake the PS2 sometime in 2011.

Around the Network

Mario Kart Wii > EVERYTHING!!!!

AMAZING!!!

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

smbu2000 said:
LivingMetal said:
LovePeace said:

360 beats PS3 in GT5 launch Week.

360 is a BEAST!

Not really with only a relative 40,000 difference when you consider that the Xbox 360 has almost always greatly outsold the PS3 in the Americas and the casual audience target of Kinect.  But that's just my humble opinion.

:)

Seriously? The 360 sold 540k WW last year (and was outsold by the PS3 in Americas 486k vs. 353k). This year the 360 has sold 844k WW (up over 300k YOY) and outsold the PS3 in the Americas 604k vs. 411k. The PS3 even had Sony's biggest franchise game launch, giving it an extra boost.

I'd say the 360 is doing extremely well at the moment.

The keyword here is "context" in which the Xbox 360 is a beast in comparison to PS3 sales which isn't, again, in my humble opinion.  But, yes, the Xbox 360 sales itself is a beast, but so is the PS3 just not quite as the Xbox 360.

LivingMetal said:
smbu2000 said:
LivingMetal said:
LovePeace said:

360 is a BEAST!

Not really with only a relative 40,000 difference when you consider that the Xbox 360 has almost always greatly outsold the PS3 in the Americas and the casual audience target of Kinect.  But that's just my humble opinion.

Seriously? The 360 sold 540k WW last year (and was outsold by the PS3 in Americas 486k vs. 353k). This year the 360 has sold 844k WW (up over 300k YOY) and outsold the PS3 in the Americas 604k vs. 411k. The PS3 even had Sony's biggest franchise game launch, giving it an extra boost.

The keyword here is "context" in which the Xbox 360 is a beast in comparison to PS3 sales which isn't, again, in my humble opinion.  But, yes, the Xbox 360 sales itself is a beast, but so is the PS3 just not quite as the Xbox 360.

Last year PS3's 778k vs. 360's 540k. This year PS3's 803k (w/GT5 launch) vs. 360's 844k. I'd say it is a beast in comparison to the PS3. Many people thought the PS3 would do over 1 million with GT5's launch and Black Friday. Instead it gets outsold by the 360...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Skeeuk said:

great numbers especially for ps3 and 360, others not so special imo

So you live another earthy dimension where selling less is more impressive than selling more

In that case WII and DS did aweful  

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
LivingMetal said:
smbu2000 said:
LivingMetal said:
LovePeace said:

360 is a BEAST!

Last year PS3's 778k vs. 360's 540k. This year PS3's 803k (w/GT5 launch) vs. 360's 844k. I'd say it is a beast in comparison to the PS3. Many people thought the PS3 would do over 1 million with GT5's launch and Black Friday. Instead it gets outsold by the 360...

Doesn't matter, not a factor what people predicted.  And last year's PS3 had a redesign and a price drop.  This year the Xbox 360 had a redesign and aesthetically a pricedrop when you consider the difference in value between new and old Xbox 360 models.  So no surprise there not counting my previous mentioned reasons.  Peace, man.

Epic news - standalone Kinect is in stock at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor-Adventures-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA298/ref=pd_ts_vg_24?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

;)

I am disappointed that 360 did not beat the Wii.  I was talking with a few people I know and they are saying Microsoft is on track for their holiday goals.

Nintendo's rebranding of the Wii (Red) and celebration of Mario's anniversary seems to be doing just find for the holiday season.  Nobody's talking price drop anymore...  Nintendo can't complain with their results.

Sony, has to be happy as well.  GT5 is the only Sony exclusive out this holiday and it helped them in black Friday...  But, will the help continue through the rest of the crazy holiday rush?

Stay tuned.  Holiday 2010 is going to be interesting the rest of the way...

Will Microsoft be able to keep the Kinect supply chain moving?  I goto the stores often and I see that stock is being trickled in...  Supply is able to be found, but not too easily found that consumers will feel comfortable in waiting.

Will GT5 benefit Sony through the rest of the way?  I was talking to my local EB Games manager who is a big Sony proponent.  He is really disappointed with Sony so far.  He also said PS3's are in high supply right now because Sony apparently sent out a warning that in January stock will be very limited.  Is Sony looking at a hardware change to do a price drop in late-winter/early-spring?

And Nintendo seems to have put any "Wii is dead" speculation to rest.

Wii>360>PS3 like I expected...but wasn't GT5 supposed to push PS3 above Wii? Its behind the 360 Lol...its just predictions so no big deal as I failed hard with my prediction that both Wii and 360 would outsell PS3 by a lot this Holiday but PS3 is doing above then my expectations! Actually all 3 systems are doing above my expectations and my Wii ones were pretty high.

Anyway, Update: Holiday 2010 sales so far...6 weeks in...4 weeks left

#3 PS3__2 Million 355K(2.355 Million)

#2 360__2 Million 443K(2.443 Million)

#1 Wii__2 Million 872K(2.872 Million)

The gap increases this week for all systems!

360>PS3 by 88K for Holiday 2010...Wii>360 by 429K for Holiday 2010.

Anything could happen in the next 4 weeks so its not over yet though Wii looks to have claimed its spot as #1 for Holiday 2010 but PS3 could still take #2... was 360 only ahead of PS3 due to Black Friday or will this continue?

Also, uDraw sells 105K in week 2 in America!!!

This is an official apology to all Sony fans, PS2 is undertracted

You were right and I was talking out my ass