By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Anyone notice how when the Wii wasn't doing so hot, the PS3 and 360 fans joined forces to condemn the Wii and champion HD sales.

Now the Wii is on top and they're back at it with each other.

VGC dynamics are somethin'.

Around the Network
Kenology said:

Anyone notice how when the Wii wasn't doing so hot, the PS3 and 360 fans joined forces to condemn the Wii and champion HD sales.

Actually that is pretty much what happened. Which is kind of funny and sad. 

After seeing the craziness of BF here at a few places, I'm not surprised that the 360 outsold the PS3 that much in Americas, though I was expecting more of a GT5 boost in Europe.  We'll see how it all plays out.  Good numbers all around.

Which systems will have million selling weeks this year?

DS, Wii

360 and PS3 seems possible in the next few weeks.

PSP.....sorry bud, I love ya but not gonna happen; Japan's market isn't THAT big.

where is the DKCR  prediction thread then,someone needs to get it ready,

when is DKCR out in the other 2 regions

big sales all round,Wii breaks 1m and i think the 360/PS3 sold well hitting 800,000 although its fair to say alot of us over estimated the push GT5 would give the PS3 on launch,can't deny it

massive sales for kinect adventures,people love themselves some assasins creed and JD2 and Wii party are smackin their bitch up

jacko did well too,it is a dance game i assume,how many dance games have ubisoft got

there has been alot of talk about GT5 unsurprisingly but at the end of the day 2m launch for a driving game is still good it will be interesting to see the next 10 week sales for it,meltdowns guaranteed

love the holidays

Above & Beyond

Antabus said:
hallowedbeeddie said:
Antabus said:

Cool, HD marketshare went up by 0.1%.

this would make more sense to me if both consoles were made by the same manufacturer. It´s just like if we combined wii and 360 sales (either the hardware or the casual games they might have) and compared them to ps3.

it´s not like microsoft and sony are together in a crusade to get marketshare from wii. Each manufacturer cares only about themselves.

(Sorry if it somehow sounds rude)

360 and PS3 share a lot of multiplatforms which aren't available on wii. I like those multiplatforms more than anything on wii.

So, HD consoles gaining marketshare makes me happy.

I preffer third parties HD games than most Wii games (some i had really fun), but more than anything i preffer Sony 1st and some 2nd parties, a matter of taste as I'm not really into FPS.

@zuvuyeay

As some people are saying GT5 didn't boosted much, and BF deals were lackluster for PS3, maybe it can keep rising WoW and have one million WW...

Possible Wii 1,5~2M, DS 2M, PS3 and Xbox 900k~1M

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Kenology said:

what did you notice about the Wii fans when it was losing weekly and now after the inevitable holiday surge,anything?

Above & Beyond

D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves > Halo: Reach

AMAZING!!!

Forza 3 > Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

AMAZING!!!

Uncharted 2 Lifetime > Forza 3 Lifetime

AMAZING!!!

Anyways, Halo Reach will not be able to do big numbers seeing how it sold way lesser than Forza 3 this week. It is at best going to do 7.5m lifetime. Quite weak. I think it is an ok series but not as big as COD, GTA, Pokemon and GT. Quite sad though seeing all the effort that is being put into reach.

zuvuyeay said:
Kenology said:

what did you notice about the Wii fans when it was losing weekly and now after the inevitable holiday surge,anything?

I noticed that some wii fans are getting arrogant during holiday season. I bet they will be quiet when all the christmas gifts have been given...

zuvuyeay said:
Kenology said:

Honestly they are less crazy this time around. Wonder what happened. Where are the threads about wii doing over million. I mean if any other console did over a million, I know we would see that thread. 

Yuyyder said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves > Halo: Reach

AMAZING!!!

Forza 3 > Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

AMAZING!!!

Uncharted 2 Lifetime > Forza 3 Lifetime

AMAZING!!!

Anyways, Halo Reach will not be able to do big numbers seeing how it sold way lesser than Forza 3 this week. It is at best going to do 7.5m lifetime. Quite weak. I think it is an ok series but not as big as COD, GTA, Pokemon and GT. Quite sad though seeing all the effort that is being put into reach.

7.5m lifetime?really?

okay,you better watch out,UNSC is coming catch you

btw,can i say "Halo:Reach Lifetime > Uncharted 2 Lifetime

AMAZING!!!"?