By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up!! (27th November 2010) *BLACK FRIDAY*

DK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT5!!!!!!!!!!!!

NSMBWii O_o I wouldn't be surprised if it outsells DK next week

Also Wii to be almost on par with last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NINTENDOMINATION FTW!!!

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Oh dear. GT5 fell short of 2 million WW :/

Nah it'll pass 2 mill!

great sales from all systems due to black friday. Black Friday more so then kinect overtook GT5 to get 360 above ps3 ww but I'm really interested in next week without black friday. Amazing Kinect sales and good GT5 start for Americas though a bit lower then i expected but its way too early to tell how it will do. I think that depends more on how well the ps3 does in the future then the actual game since every new ps3 owner who wants a racing game will likely consider GT5 as a possible choice. Also noticed the move bundles have very good sales for Americas IMO. With move controllers sony could have potentally gained 150-170k new move users from just Americas this week. Black Ops also holding up very well and halo reach recieved a pretty significant boost.

You know, the WW up thread will be boring now, because we know the numbers already

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

Damn, Forza 3 @ 200k in Americas alone?!!! Pretty good on GT5 launch week!!

So you will gladly include the GT5 sales when Sony bundles it in with the hardware.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

If you told me the PS3 would be third this week I would've thought you were crazy.  Last week, the Sony fans were so confident the PS3 would be #1 and so was I.

So Nintendo says 600K sales of Wii in NA BF week.  VGC comes out with 665K.  Doesnt seem right.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

Damn, Forza 3 @ 200k in Americas alone?!!! Pretty good on GT5 launch week!!

So you will gladly include the GT5 sales when Sony bundles it in with the hardware.

Yes I will. Why?

WOW! that is so unexpected.

We came from previews of GT5 to sell 2.5m, PS3 to sell 100k in Japan.

Now look @ it, its like 360 had GT5 instead....wtf....

WOOT go DK! That game is gonna have sick legs, should become a regular on the top 10 or at the very least the top 20. Looks to be smooth sailing for the Wii for the rest of 2010, it has officially weathered the storm of Sony and MS's motion control add ons. Next year during the slow months however could be a concern for Wii.

Nintendo should really try to get Zelda out there in the slow months next year, perhaps as early as spring if they can, to prop the Wii sales up during a time when the HD consoles could start to outsell it on a regular basis. Nintendo will be fine for holiday 2011 as that time a year usually favors Nintendoo, Pikmin 3 and a couple other big name titles should be enough. But they need Zelda for early next year.