By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up!! (27th November 2010) *BLACK FRIDAY*

just noticed Udraw increased it´s sales a lot (sleeper hit?)

Also NSMBWII beat MW2 in America at last

I know it might be a bit late to call it, but I remember some people weere saying last year that it was almost Impossible for nsmbwii to top MW2 after the huge launch mw2 had had. And it only took a year ;)

Also I´m a bit surprised Black Ops beat GT5

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

So Nintendo says 600K sales of Wii in NA BF week.  VGC comes out with 665K.  Doesnt seem right.

No not really? For the most part outside the states our numbers are 10% roughly. 10% of Americas this week is 66k ... Not to mention it was probably 5% seen as it's only the states that celebrate BF.

alfredofroylan said:

So let's wrap this.

America: Guns>Monkeys>Cars

Very..very..true.., America is doing really good job in educating the new generation to love guns and shooting living things such an alien and playing with monkeys, and leave the automobile to father to take care of it...

alfredofroylan said:

So let's wrap this.

America: Guns>Monkeys>Cars

America: Monkeys with guns riding in cars>Guns>Monkeys>Cars.

Anyway, well done to Kinect, DKC:R and GT5

there's something wrong with this numbers regarding ps3 and gt5. how can it be possible that the GT5 preview had 400k in NA with just 2 days and with official week numbers stalled at the same mark? doesn't make sense...the whole GT5 numbers doesn't make sense.

anyways, GLORIOUS numbers for 360, Kinect is a BEAST! Wii&DS = OMG, PSP = MEH, PS3= MEH-OK-GOOD ENOUGH!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

So Nintendo says 600K sales of Wii in NA BF week.  VGC comes out with 665K.  Doesnt seem right.

Canada, Latin America?

6 out of top 10 Americas use some kind of motion control...

thx1139 said:

I believe these sales include all of NA, while the news article was just for black Friday sales in the US.

hallowedbeeddie said:

just noticed Udraw increased it´s sales a lot (sleeper hit?)

Also NSMBWII beat MW2 in America at last

I know it might be a bit late to call it, but I remember some people weere saying last year that it was almost Impossible for nsmbwii to top MW2 after the huge launch mw2 had had. And it only took a year ;)

Also I´m a bit surprised Black Ops beat GT5

Didn't Reggie Fils-Aime say it would outsell the 360 version by January NPD of this year?

So Wii will only be about 25k down from last year... so much for a doomed console