By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So.. ps3 is doing by 1 mln. better then x360 in it`s first year?

I just have this image from 2006.12.09:

And now for 2007.12.08 we have this:

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Ps3 has gained a ton of market share since launched.

mM

Uhhmm no and yes;..

PS3 was released before (november remember) that is a month ago but PS3 in Europe release 5 months later so I don't know witch one sold better..

I only know it is a small difference.

Yay! Playstation is winning then!

It also had two price cuts in its first year. Should be ahead

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
eugene said:
Yay! Playstation is winning then!

eugene, you ninja you.

@Lost

Yet it still cost more.

mM

sound the horn Sony Defense Force, victory is at hand!!!!!

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

leo-j said:
@Lost

Yet it still cost more.

yes but it also means 360 and wii have more means to cut price and not bleed for it, widening the game and increasing their sales for 08

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
CrazzyMan said:

I just have this image from 2006.12.09:

And now for 2007.12.08 we have this:

Here is the launch data 52 weeks after launch for all 3 systems. As you can see, the PS3 and 360 are practically identical. Here is the launch data after 57 weeks which would cover up to this exact week. On here, the 360 is at 7.7 million the same week the PS3 is now at 7.13 million. Obviously your ignorance and pure bias would prevent you from simply aligning launches and looking at both systems first years.

Anybody with half a brain knows ioi made a lot of changes to those numbers you "saved" a year ago. You have to align launches with the data now on the site to compare with it with numbers NOW on the site.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%