By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - xbox 360 outsold ps3 again

leo-j said:
@NJ5

Thats why japan doesnt exist.

Japan's holiday increases are not very signicant compared to those in Europe and USA. In any case 360 in America > PS3 Europe + PS3 Japan.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Statistical tie. PS3 is doing very well considering its lack of appealing games. Xbox 360 is doing well considering their best selling game Halo 3 was released 3 months ago and the Halo hype has died. They are both selling purely on merits.

@eugene

I agree with you.

mM

@NJ5

I expect PS3 to actually close the gap for the rest of the year but not quite catch up. I think 360 will just outsell PS3 by 50k. I expect you will just about win your bet, but it will be extremely close.

i think the 360 is getting close to market saturation in the US, so eventually ps3 will overtake the 360.

Around the Network

yeah it is like magic every week they sell a couple thousand more.

splatman1981 said:
i think the 360 is getting close to market saturation in the US, so eventually ps3 will overtake the 360.

And how did u work this out then????, its sold 9 million in america so far, but they original xbox sold 16 million in the usa and we all no that the 360 will sell more than 16 mill in america, so the 360 is nowear near saturation.

i love xbox 360 said:
splatman1981 said:

And how did u work this out then????, its sold 9 million in america so far, but they original xbox sold 16 million in the usa and we all no that the 360 will sell more than 16 mill in america, so the 360 is nowear near saturation.

I cannot answer for him, but I'm guessing it's another case of wishful thinking.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The margin of error is a double edged sword. While some believe it could allow the PS3 weekly victories it is just as likely that the PS3 might be seeing a worse sales position. The 360 selling more or the PS3 selling less, or even a combination of both. That said the salient point is this why expect the PS3 to outperform the 360.

The 360 is a cheaper system. The 360 has a stronger value position. The 360 has a stronger library. Not only in volume, but in highly appreciated titles covering the spectrum. The 360 is obviously a more compelling purchase. Even the high definition player in the PS3 is a very hit miss proposition.

Unless you could explain why the PS3 should outsell the 360 with a margin of error why expect it. That is a very valid question otherwise your just assuming that the majority of console purchasing consumers are very stupid. Right now the PS3 hardly makes a strong argument.

Anyway this week isn't unprecedented it is damn near expected. The brand name of Playstation seems to have more traction in Japan, and some regions in Europe. While the 360 is selling on merits more then name brand recognition.

NJ5 said:
i love xbox 360 said:
splatman1981 said:

I cannot answer for him, but I'm guessing it's another case of wishful thinking.

yes very wishful thinking