By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - xbox 360 outsold ps3 again

stranne said:
@NJ5, what's the count for our bet with Just_Ben?

3rd of November:

Now:

So we're at: 

X360: 1,607,302
PS3: 1,516,020

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Diabloz said:
I feel that in one of the following weeks the ps3 will outsell the 360 worldwide as u can see its only about under 20,000 units apart

sure fan^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PS3 sales are breaking ahead of the 360 in Euro and Japan, but it is going to be difficult to beat the 360 at its home turf.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

don't forget only first christmas ps3 in europe^^

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

NJ5 said:

As in previous weeks, this is a tie between the PS3 and the 360. Error margins people, those are not exact statistics. The difference is at 4%, while typical error margins are about 10% or worse.

Correct.  There's no winning going on here.  They're selling approximately the same, but if you wanted to be technical about it you'd say that it's likely the 360 outsold the PS3.  But it is clearly within margin of error that the PS3 could have outsold the 360.

Either way, 16k units doesn't really matter all that much. 

Around the Network

but it beat it twice within that margin of error.
not much???? one unit already makes a difference

I think the pattern has been set, and will repeat in the next 3 weeks (until end of '07).

Japan numbers will lift a little with Prologue - but not enough. After a solid start, the numbers have dipped considerably - considering that we are into Xmas/December period.

Sony would need something like MGS releasing now worldwide to make the gap up. Lead of around 90k (for the bet) at the moment.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

W29 said:
PS3 has no chance to take over America...They have Japan but not America.

They have japan as there trump card.

When japan ps3 sales rise the ps3 can outsell the X360 slightly.

America n market is way to big. I expect PS3 sales will explode soon in america but X360 will sell amazingly as well maybe even double of what the ps3 does.

mM
leo-j said:
W29 said:
PS3 has no chance to take over America...They have Japan but not America.

They have japan as there trump card.

When japan ps3 sales rise the ps3 can outsell the X360 slightly.

America n market is way to big. I expect PS3 sales will explode soon in america but X360 will sell amazingly as well maybe even double of what the ps3 does.

yes, japan is their pot o gold

Nothing special about console, which had 1 year start ahead, having more games, cheaper with 2 games to outsell ps3.
i wonder how they would be selling without bundle. =))

anyway, x360 failed to do that in japan, after 2 years ps3 outsold it by 3 times.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far