By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - xbox 360 outsold ps3 again

UUUU!!!!!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

@kriby

What does the soldier boy have to do with this?

mM

he hit, runs and never comes back

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@NJ5

wow that is close, I bet that when you took that bet you didn't think it would be that close :P. Are you taking the numbers literally in that bet or is there a error margin?

That's not surprising, what is surprising however is the fact that it's only outselling the PS3 by 10-20k weekly, I'd expect it to be outselling by 100k during this holiday to be honest.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
W29 said:
PS3 has no chance to take over America...They have Japan but not America.

They have japan as there trump card.

When japan ps3 sales rise the ps3 can outsell the X360 slightly.

America n market is way to big. I expect PS3 sales will explode soon in america but X360 will sell amazingly as well maybe even double of what the ps3 does.

Yes PS3 has Japan when MGS4 and FFXIII releases, but it won't have America though. Just due to Xbox 360 popularity here in America. 

CrazzyMan said:
Nothing special about console, which had 1 year start ahead, having more games, cheaper with 2 games to outsell ps3.
i wonder how they would be selling without bundle. =))

anyway, x360 failed to do that in japan, after 2 years ps3 outsold it by 3 times.

Once again CrazzyMan, you get going with your pish posh. Do you ever stop?

Just kiss the tip.

to close to margin of error to say who won, id say tie.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
tombi123 said:
@NJ5

wow that is close, I bet that when you took that bet you didn't think it would be that close :P. Are you taking the numbers literally in that bet or is there a error margin?

Nope, I didn't think it would be this close. But I believe the difference will get wider in the next few weeks, since Xbox 360 in USA > PS3 in Others. IMO, that will cause absolute sales increases to be bigger for the 360 than for the PS3 (since percentage increases shouldn't differ too much).

There was no provision for error margins in the bet, but it will only be decided in February in order to let any corrections in vgchartz data take place.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

Thats why japan doesnt exist.

mM