By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GRAN TURISMO 5 REVIEW!!!

Mr.Metralha said:

So it is looking like GT's oponent Forza is the best racing simulator so far this gen, critic wise.

I didn't see this one coming.

No, GT5 is the best racing simulator so far. Outside the racing and simulating however, Forza 3 wins.

So it would seem so far anyway.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

well after all the comments in several forums this is a bit more like the score I expected for GT5.

Jeuxvideo with their 14/20 (7.0) were a bit too low.

Yeah only jeuxvideo and gamereactor gave it a 7/10

Everyone else is over 8 and so on....so it seems they are the anomalies.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Euphoria14 said:

So as a simulator it is perfect? 

Yeah but then they give it lower than Forza 3

I don't understand this

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Barozi said:

well after all the comments in several forums this is a bit more like the score I expected for GT5.

ohh there will be more 7's and 6's from the like of EDGE or gamescritic etc..

darthdevidem01 said:
Barozi said:

but the game currently has a meta of 86, so wouldn't 10/10s be anomalies too ?

Around the Network

I think expectations comes into play with reviews. GT5 has had an enormous  expectations to fulfill and I think because of this, reviewers are likely to nitpick and look for anything that's negative rather than looking at the game as a whole. 

That's just my opinion though. 

Wait let me get this straight...there are critical reviews of the game any everyone is just assuming it's the reviewer's that are at fault and not the game itself?  There are already 6 out of 10 reviews that are below 90% on Metacritic for crying out loud!  Are you guys going to start claiming this is a conspiracy or something?  Relax!  I'm sure it's a great game regardless; It's just not the masterstroke that people hoped it would be. 

I was just looking through the forza Car list a it is pretty good more aussie cars as well as porsches and others. i think that PD spent to much time on trying to get a loot of cars and extra stuff in the came like the course creator then making like 600 perium cars no standered with life like damage and not just a whole bunch of cars from GT4. As well with the tracks they put a few new one in but they still just have the ones form GT4 as well they could have put in some more different ones then have multiple versions of Fiji. For one i would have preferred more F1 tracks.

This is my opinion but i hope the PD can realize their mistakes and next time make the content better then just upgrading every thing from the previous game  and spending a eternity to do it. BTW i get my copy when Game sends it.

RatingDescription
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
7.0 Presentation
A cumbersome front-end and minimal, overlong loading screens hinder it, as do a series of other strange design choices.
9.0 Graphics
It's moments of sheer beauty ultimately outweigh the uglier ones, though sadly they don't quite outnumber them.
8.0 Sound
The visuals aren't met by the audio, and the engine notes lack grunt. The less said about the soundtrack the better.
9.0 Gameplay
For all its missteps in the single player mode it's still an unrivalled driving experience - and that's where it really counts.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
There's certainly not a paucity of content, and if any future patches can help streamline the online it could have serious legs.
OVERALL
Great
(out of 10)

The scores makes no sense with comments.

WHO the hell cares about reviewers' opinions? They are shit and they are ALWAYS biased. ALWAYS... I have never taken any reviewer seriously. They rate games for hits/sales and their salary. Can't be trusted.