By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GRAN TURISMO 5 REVIEW!!!

The reviewers can bash this game all they want :D

The owners of the game,know that its the racing game of the generation,and that's all that matters.

Around the Network

I honestly think that after 5 years of Development comments like "It lacks polish" are very harsh.

The "faint whiff of dissapointment" may well turn into a stench when EDGE get their hands on it !

Read this review, there are lies:

"Racing online, once you get to it, is perfectly stable, handling up to sixteen cars with few issues. Options are admittedly limited with no way to deviate from straight-up racing, but when the handling's as good as Gran Turismo 5's it's hard to find complaint. It also has room for a few quirks of its own - there's an option to allow false starts, which can lend those first moments on the grid a unique tension, while a player wall that can host updates of up to 140 characters shows that Polyphony has at least one eye on wider online social developments."

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Racing online on GT5 don't exist till now, 24th November!!!!

The game got a 100 from destructoid. O_o

Oh, sorry.  IGN's reviews have become nothing but jokes.  Used to go there to get my reviews, 4-5 years ago.  Became real haven for anything shit over time.  Now I just don't care about that site at all.

I felt like this before.... when FFXIII came out with bad scores

Around the Network
pezus said:
"Once more it's a lifeless grind through a series of races where it's more often than not simply a case of having the right machinery beneath you rather than a test of any real driving skill. "
This makes no sense...isn't it supposed to be easier to win a race when you're in a better car?? It's also not like you start with super cars... I think they should try turning all the assists off on a fast car and then say again winning is not about skill.

Funny they'd mentioned that.  This has been the case of all GT games...

...When you play the first few racing events in them.

The more you progress in the game, the more difficult the events get.  And at some point, your opponents use the same kind of high performance cars as you do, And their AI gets better and tougher.  It looks to me like they didn't dig very far in the game.

Welcome to the "hardcore" generation. If it isn't a FPS or a God of War - clone, nitpick it to death... >_<

So... Good score.

Best driving simulator game out there.

Just lacks... Something.

I can deal with that. Still though, after 5 years in the making, I expected high 90's

It will probably end up at around 90 on Metacritic(or at least I hope so)

GT4 got 89.

Got my copy a few hours ago and have been playing a bit. Let's just say that, like I imagined, these reviews do not affect my enjoyment of the game one bit.

Honestly, from what I've seen so far, I would not give it a perfect score (I can't think of a game that deserves it either) but it appears to be rock solid, great fun, realistic and gorgeous. Oh, and everyone will be happy to know that the engine sounds are terrific, at last!