By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GRAN TURISMO 5 REVIEW!!!

THIS THREAD IS JUST AN ILUSSION...'cause IGN doesn't exist. LOL

Around the Network

Forza 3 was a little overrated in a lot of reviews. Even ISR admited they rated Forza 3 more than they should after they spend more time with the game.  Gt5 reviews may be a little lower , even lower than GT5P in some cases.

The problem with sims reviews is often you have to spend a lot of hours to get a feel where it stands compared to other games which can be finished in a few hours.

Definitely definitive......right?

Its just a number though....play it hate it or like it.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Smidlee said:

Forza 3 was a little overrated in a lot of reviews. Even ISR admited they rated Forza 3 more than they should after they spend more time with the game.  Gt5 reviews may be a little lower , even lower than GT5P in some cases.

The problem with sims reviews is often you have to spend a lot of hours to get a feel where it stands compared to other games which can be finished in a few hours.

Absolutely! I have been playing GT5 all day and it only says I have completed 4% of the game! 

hmmm...  I played for about 3 or 4 hours yesterday and got to 15% game progress, 7% trophies.  

I spent a lot of time just pissing about in the menus too. 

I haven't tried the game, so I should keep my trap shut, but based on past games, I somehow doubt you are 15% completed after 3 or 4 hours...are you SURE it was only that much time?  I never did get too terribly far, but in previous ones you could play about 10 hours and MAYBE make it to 10% done (estimate), and thats with a little screwing around.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

kowenicki said:
Baalzamon said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Smidlee said:

Absolutely! I have been playing GT5 all day and it only says I have completed 4% of the game! 

hmmm...  I played for about 3 or 4 hours yesterday and got to 15% game progress, 7% trophies.  

I spent a lot of time just pissing about in the menus too. 

I haven't tried the game, so I should keep my trap shut, but based on past games, I somehow doubt you are 15% completed after 3 or 4 hours...are you SURE it was only that much time?  I never did get too terribly far, but in previous ones you could play about 10 hours and MAYBE make it to 10% done (estimate), and thats with a little screwing around.

Doubt all you want... after about another 2 1/2 hours last night I am 20% through.

Possibly because I have rattled through all but one of the licences? 

Nicely done

Around the Network

Nice article:

Gran Turismo 5 reviewers failed Yamauchi’s damage test – incomplete reviews?

Booh! said:

Nice article:

Goes to show who really did put the time into the game...

Carl2291 said:
Booh! said:

Nice article:

Goes to show who really did put the time into the game...

Not necessarily that (they did indicate they are level 17), so much as it indicates GT5 (and I'll bring Forza 3/any sim racing game into the mix) should not have reviews come out the day the game releases.  It is one of those games that may continue getting better or providing content that you realize wasn't previously there.

Yamauchi made a huge mistake thinking reviewers would put a lot of time in Gt5 before reviewing it. We have seen many examples lately where reviewers didn't take the time to learn a game they reviewed.

Yet we knew GT5 had a damage model so why did they believe this feature was removed at the last minute.

I really don't like where the game industry has been heading lately.  I mean, think about it, games have been getting less and less development time.  Games have been getting shorter and shorter.  Now reviewers arn't even reviewing games anymore, they just play 5 minutes of the game and call it a day.