By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

darthdevidem01 said:
Mirson said:

Metro GameCentral: 8/10

"Fans are unlikely to be too disappointed, and the developer's automotive obsession is always evident, but this is definitely a refinement not a revolution."

Darth, you should check N4G. There's a bunch of them coming in. Also, it's a blast :D

ps. I posted the IGN review first >:(

Really?

Maybe T3H CAPS helped me lol?

Nah; VGC is racist against mexican-american-italian. :P

GamePro: 4.5/5

"There’s no denying that GT5 is absolutely incredible, but due to its immense size and complexity, not all its facets are of the same standard, and as a result it's brilliant, but imperfect. For the most part it delivers a 5-star experience. But I do feel compelled to ding it half a star, simply because of the parts of the game that don't. That makes me feel horribly nitpicky and churlish, because despite my criticism I know I love GT5, and I’ll be playing it for months, and maybe even years. But deep down, I know that while it’s the best racing game out there, with just a bit more focus in some key areas it could have been even better."

Around the Network
Pyramid12 said:

So far.

greats scores:

IGN/UK 8.5/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Destructoid 10/10
Playstationlifestyle 10/10
Gamepro 9/10
CVG 8/10
Metro 8/10
VGD 8/10

LOW/MIXED scores:

Gamereactor 7/10.

Looks like it won't get a metacritic like most of us were expecting

But the fact is its gonna be a mixed impressions game...there's a chance you will love it more than any racing game out there!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

--OkeyDokey-- said:

What I'm getting from the Eurogamer and IGN reviews is that this is a flawed masterpiece. Both were well written and the scores are justified. Both are in agreement that the gameplay and attention to detail is without equal, but the game is let down by odd design choices.

Strangely, despite the dissapointing scores, I'm more hyped than ever after reading those reviews. Especially this part:

"Suddenly – after two days' play – I wasn't playing a sim racing game any more. I wasn't learning a litany of trackside cues and cornering rhythms I might as well perform with my eyes shut. I was driving with the seat of my pants on the open road, feeling a powerful car under me, mapping the next bend with my intuition.

This is an experience I'd always longed for, something I'd glimpsed parts of in Project Gotham 2's Nordschleife Nürburgring or Test Drive Unlimited's untamed roadmap – but never so vividly, and never with such profoundly realistic handling.

For me, this is the Holy Grail of driving games"

Better a flawed diamond than a perfect pebble!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

What I'm getting from the Eurogamer and IGN reviews is that this is a flawed masterpiece. Both were well written and the scores are justified. Both are in agreement that the gameplay and attention to detail is without equal, but the game is let down by odd design choices.

Strangely, despite the dissapointing scores, I'm more hyped than ever after reading those reviews. Especially this part:

"Suddenly – after two days' play – I wasn't playing a sim racing game any more. I wasn't learning a litany of trackside cues and cornering rhythms I might as well perform with my eyes shut. I was driving with the seat of my pants on the open road, feeling a powerful car under me, mapping the next bend with my intuition.

This is an experience I'd always longed for, something I'd glimpsed parts of in Project Gotham 2's Nordschleife Nürburgring or Test Drive Unlimited's untamed roadmap – but never so vividly, and never with such profoundly realistic handling.

For me, this is the Holy Grail of driving games"

Better a flawed diamond than a perfect pebble!

LOL at that phrase. It makes sense, I just find it funny for no reason.

Ok, after browsing a few more reviews (both very positive and somewhat positive) it definitely seems like there is nitpicking going on, What I do seem to gather from most reviews is that when it comes to flat out racing gameplay, it's the best, especially if you have a racing wheel.

My brother has a G25 Wheel and is gonna buy this game, so I'm definitely looking forward to trying this out.

Around the Network

Destructoid- 10/10

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Looks like its meta will be around 87~89. I think most fans will be disappointed, but it seems like ALL reviews agreed that it is still the best simulator around. However, the online section needs some work as well as some bad menu designs.

Lets hope PD will patch it up. 

Here are all the reviews I could find so far that WILL be included on Metacritic:

100 - Destructoid

100 - PlayStation Lifestyle

90 - Eurogamer

90 - GamePro

85 - IGN

85 - IGN UK

85 - Videogameszone

80 - Computer and Video Games

80 - Joystiq

80 - Metro GameCentral

70 - Gamereactor

That comes to an 86 average so far.

PS3 racing fans! get your wheels, buy GT5 and go into hiding! we shall return on the release of GT6 or a surprise motorstorm apocalypse (as good as uncharted 2 was to uncharted series) lol.

Or just return when mr goty nathan mtha fkn drake returns haha :D

Bring on littlebigplanet 2 and killzone 3. We need good news :p

VideoGameZone: 85/100

They listed graphics under the negative category. The site is translated via google, so expect a rough translation.