By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

METRO UK

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/848129-games-review-gran-turismo-5-shifts-to-top-gear

8/10

A newspaper in the UK...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

joystiq

4/5

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/24/gran-turismo-5-review/

Here's the deal: If you're one of those car nuts I mentioned earlier, here's your game. Have fun, we'll see you in a year when you finally leave the house. If you're not in that group -- you like, even love racing games, but care less about tuning and more about the thrill of the race -- GT5 is like walking in on a group of physicists discussing string theory and asking who wants to go toss around a ball for a bit. You're looking to have fun; they're only interested in studying the math behind how it bounces.

Good god the level of nit picking is crazy!!!! 0_0 I enjoy joystiq reviews a lot but good lord, they say the lightning is 'too' good that it makes it look like a car commercial than Rl!!!! I mean wtf kind of a complaint is that?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Gamepro 4.5/5.

VDG 8/10.

Mirson said:

Metro GameCentral: 8/10

"Fans are unlikely to be too disappointed, and the developer's automotive obsession is always evident, but this is definitely a refinement not a revolution."

Darth, you should check N4G. There's a bunch of them coming in. Also, it's a blast :D

ps. I posted the IGN review first >:(

Really?

Maybe T3H CAPS helped me lol?

Videogamesdaily

8/10

Around the Network

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-24-gran-turismo-5-review

9/10

"For me, this is the Holy Grail of driving games"

VGD:

8/10

Videogameszone:

8.5/10

thesixthaxis

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/11/24/review-gran-turismo-5/

Here is a nice lil portion of this

"We’ll get back to you on that one.  You see, there’s a problem here: the game’s out now but TheSixthAxis, along with (it’s safe to assume) every UK outlet with an advance copy, only received final code at the weekend.  That’s – if you count Saturday and Sunday – four days to not only write and prep the review for launch but also play through the entire GT Mode, sample Arcade and play and test the online functionality – this, you’ll no doubt appreciate, is impossible.  That’s why, if you’ve not already skipped to the end, there’s no score here – assigning such an abitrary figure to just a subset of the game would be disingenious."

and also

"No, not quite, but it’s pretty damned near close.  Gran Turismo 5 is essential gaming for race sim fans, something that will grow with you the more you play.  Sure, there’s some visual issues here and there and the game’s UI is fussier than it needs to be, but as a racing game, which is presumably the reason everyone’s buying the game for, it’s unmatched, unrivalled and as comprehensive as you could have ever hoped for.  It’s unfair to score the game at this point, though, we’re barely a quarter of the way through A-Spec and less through B and it has continued to get better every step of the way."

BOOYAH

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

So far.

greats scores:

IGN/UK 8.5/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Destructoid 10/10
Playstationlifestyle 10/10
Gamepro 9/10
CVG 8/10
Metro 8/10
VGD 8/10

LOW/MIXED scores:

Gamereactor 7/10.

What I'm getting from the Eurogamer and IGN reviews is that this is a flawed masterpiece. Both were well written and the scores are justified. Both are in agreement that the gameplay and attention to detail is without equal, but the game is let down by odd design choices.

Strangely, despite the dissapointing scores, I'm more hyped than ever after reading those reviews. Especially this part:

"Suddenly – after two days' play – I wasn't playing a sim racing game any more. I wasn't learning a litany of trackside cues and cornering rhythms I might as well perform with my eyes shut. I was driving with the seat of my pants on the open road, feeling a powerful car under me, mapping the next bend with my intuition.

This is an experience I'd always longed for, something I'd glimpsed parts of in Project Gotham 2's Nordschleife Nürburgring or Test Drive Unlimited's untamed roadmap – but never so vividly, and never with such profoundly realistic handling.

For me, this is the Holy Grail of driving games"