By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

Someone give nsanity a medal, posting half of the article of the same site....even if several poster did the same, with the same goal, same thread even

Trophy unlocked

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

PSM3 have an interesting article up

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=277401&site=psm

"'Unless the later stages and the online sections (inoperable at the time of writing) can utterly override the problems - perhaps by loading an entirely new game I haven't seen yet - GT5 is going to be the monolithic headstone for a once-great series"

That is pretty brutal considering they are big PS3 supporters.

The funniest thing I read was from the guy hating on the game.  First he says, "So far, even after two days of play, I just can't see what GT5 adds. At all. It's just like GT4. Which was for the most part just like GT3. Which was just like GT2, which was just like GT."  Then in the next sentence says, "This once revolutionary game has stood still while the competition at first caught up, then surpassed it."

So how is any GT game "once revolutionary", if they are all pretty much the same game?  If you want to be honest about it, every game in the same franchise is the exact same way.  The core gameplay remains the same, while adding a few new things here or there to improve the experience.

M.U.G.E.N said:

Someone give nsanity a medal, posting half of the article of the same site....even if several poster did the same, with the same goal, same thread even

Trophy unlocked

I didn't know that.

JustPushStart gave Gran Turismo 5 gave 4/5 so not bad.

Nsanity said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Trophy unlocked

I didn't know that.

You can see it right above your post as well...and next time, maybe, just maybe post the whole article when the same article talks of TWO viewpoints...one bashing the game cuz it didn't destroy North Korea Nuke Plants..the other saying it's the best GT yet (most probably cuz it didn't destroy North Korea Nuke Plants)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

As a hardcore GT fan this game was made for me....and the millions of GT fans around the world

Got it yesterday and today im on sick leave from work (dont tell my boss)

Cya!

Reviews out yet?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

GameReactor: 7/10

"Really good is mixed with really bad, high and low, all the time. And that's how Gran Turismo 5 comes across in the end. It's a terribly uneven racing game where there seem to have been some form of insecurity when developing. A wish to put too much in, to do too much instead of doing a few things really, really well. Within the slow and one-sided career mode, the uneven graphics and the dizzying presentation I find improved and more dynamic car physics, a good online mode and amazingly beautiful Premium-cars. But that's not enough to beat Forza Motorsport 3."

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/11/24/ps3-review-gran-turismo-5/

10/10

Eurogamer: 9/10

"Half-formed multiplayer is easily the most damaging symptom of Gran Turismo 5's long gestation in Kazunori Yamauchi's parallel universe, and thankfully it's one that can be fixed. Dreamed up five years ago and served up yesterday, it's an off-kilter vision of the future, a cumbersome game with odd priorities, certainly. But it's equally a game that heads off in unexpected and exciting directions, makes a few notable improvements, and overflows with love – for cars, for games technology and for its own mad pursuit. It's good that Gran Turismo's been away so long, because it's all the better to have it back."