By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

Blue3 said:
Hyruken said:

PSM3 have an interesting article up

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=277401&site=psm

"'Unless the later stages and the online sections (inoperable at the time of writing) can utterly override the problems - perhaps by loading an entirely new game I haven't seen yet - GT5 is going to be the monolithic headstone for a once-great series"

That is pretty brutal considering they are big PS3 supporters.

then there si this they wrote.

"Gran Turismo 5, then, is not about reinventing the wheel, it's about making the perfect realisation of it at long, long last. And in many ways, as a GT fan, Gran Turismo 5 is everything I've been waiting (and waiting) for.
It does everything GT should, in a GT-ish sort of way, but does it all with a gloss, depth and dynamism never before possible.

it's brilliant: the best GT yet, but in true GT style there are of course a few things I'd change. Does it matter? Does it hell. GT5 is THE Gran Turismo. Here's to losing the next five years in a cloud of exhaust fumes.
"

Yeah the other guy said that. There are two people writing different views there. Both PSM3 writers.

It deffinatly seems to be getting mixed responses. Some like it and some hate it. But i don't think i have read a Playstation website say anything that bad before about a game, let alone a huge game like GT.

Around the Network

So people are hating GT5 because it's a Gran Turismo? LOL

ethomaz said:

Reminds me of God of War 3 reviews

ethomaz said:

well if you got no real reason to bitch.

looks like fps fanboys want m16s on the hood of every car, and zombies.

no zombies you suck!

Views seem pretty mixed. A lot of the negatives sound a lot like hardcore GT fans nitpicking every discrepancy. You have people complaining they can't buy a premium car from the start of the game, I mean wtf?! You expect to start a GT game and jump straight into a Ferrari Enzo?! At the end of the day the core driving/racing seems to be the best in the series, and that's what counts.

Also, why hasn't anyone tried the track builder? I can't wait to try that out!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

If anything its the constant delays and the use of the word "perfection"

Hyruken said:

PSM3 have an interesting article up

"'Unless the later stages and the online sections (inoperable at the time of writing) can utterly override the problems - perhaps by loading an entirely new game I haven't seen yet - GT5 is going to be the monolithic headstone for a once-great series"

That is pretty brutal considering they are big PS3 supporters.

That is not a videogame review. That is some Armond White shit. I could make anything sound bad with an attitude like that.

"After five years of work the useless collision sounds are the same, the useless collisions are the same, the dry lack of speed or acceleration is the same, the environmental sterility is the same, the quagmire of dull shopping cars is the same. Those deathly license tests - so fun and innovative ten years ago - are the same, though at least here they're largely redundant at last"

What the fuck is this? Seriously.

I believe some reviewers will be writing some controversial stuff for the sake of slamming the game

Nereid said:

I believe some reviewers will be writing some controversial stuff for the sake of slamming the game

Paranoia big destroyer!

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

PSM3 Blog Don't seem to happy with it.

We've all waited so long, wondering all the while: what's taking them so long? And now we've played it. Played Gran Turismo 5! And we're thinking... what the hell took them so long?

GT5 is a colossal disappointment. Epic. Global.

GT2 added tons of cars to a genuinely revolutionary original, leaving all other racers floundering. GT3 (eventually) added muscle cars and PS2 visuals. GT4 added the Nurburgring Nordschleife - which consequently became almost a must-have for any serious racing game - and even Prologue added a (pathetically rudimentary) online mode. Increasingly, Gran Turismo has scraped by as an AAA driving game. 

And now this. So far, even after two days of play, I just can't see what GT5 adds. At all. It's just like GT4. Which was for the most part just like GT3. Which was just like GT2, which was just like GT. This once revolutionary game has stood still while the competition at first caught up, then surpassed it. Gran Turismo 5 still wants to party like it's 1999. We don't. 

So what, you say? What's wrong with more of the same? Most sequels do that. It's what we want. 

And in that case, congratulations. You know you'll love this already (you've already played it, after all). After five years of work the useless collision sounds are the same, the useless collisions are the same, the dry lack of speed or acceleration is the same, the environmental sterility is the same, the quagmire of dull shopping cars is the same. Those deathly license tests - so fun and innovative ten years ago - are the same, though at least here they're largely redundant at last.