By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

Just a reminder GT5P on Metacritic got 80. So probably good to put that in the OP as a point of reference. I guess as long as GT5 metas above 85 it means PD made some good improvements.

Still if it doesn't meta at 90 the FM3 fans will be ecstaticly orgasmic with joy.

It will get marked down by some reviewers for being so long in development but short on WOWness. So I expect it to Meta at between 85 and 90.

The only real question is whether it's the "real driving simulator" because that's the GT claim for any console gen. If the answer to that is yes then the meta score really doesn't matter. Seems like GT is all about refinement of the product, not radical overhauls or changes of direction and style. Having said that adding karts and Nascar is a pretty major new direction. But it's a somewhat natural progression to continue to expand in that direction.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I'm not a big racing game guy, but reading some of these reviews, the writers are getting very stingy with what they're whining about. I don't generally see this kind of effort put into pointing out negatives of other big releases.

Some of their complaints are warranted, but others come across as kind of excessive. For an example, there are over 1000 cars, the fact that the run-of-the-mill cars don't look as amazing as the best cars just seems like an unimportant issue. It's also something I'd expect going in.

CVG - 8/10

WOW Mixed reviews!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

IGN: 8.5

Important message

NEVER TRUST REVIEWS!

Important message

If you like racing games: go for it!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Destructoid: 10/10

"Even beyond the 1,000 cars, dozens of track variations, countless modes, gorgeous visuals and mountains of options, Gran Turismo 5 has something more that speaks to the world's car lovers and racing fans. The level of care taken by the people at Polyphony Digital shines in every aspect of this title, and this makes for a racing game that truly has no parallel. Gran Turismo 5 is a massive love letter to those that love cars. This is their dream videogame."

Destructoid 10/10

LMAO!! WTF!!!

Pyramid12 said:

Destructoid 10/10

LMAO!! WTF!!!

tehehehe Jim Sterling didn't do it!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/25193/Gran Turismo 5/

Gamereactor Sweden 7/10

looking quite ugly to be honest

Metro GameCentral: 8/10

"Fans are unlikely to be too disappointed, and the developer's automotive obsession is always evident, but this is definitely a refinement not a revolution."

Darth, you should check N4G. There's a bunch of them coming in. Also, it's a blast :D

ps. I posted the IGN review first >:(