By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

well nobody but a small minority thought the PS3 would sell 8.5M consoles by the end of the year, but it will. So my predictions are just fine (except for the 360 sales :P)

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
well nobody but a small minority thought the PS3 would sell 8.5M consoles by the end of the year, but it will. So my predictions are just fine (except for the 360 sales :P)

err...probably nobody back in August 2007...but what was your idea back in December 2006? i bet that back then 8.5 million was lower than the worst-case-scenario 

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

@Spectrumglr

well I only started looking at this site at around March 2007, so I didn't think anything back in December 06 :).
I also made the 8.5M prediction back in August.

I think it will be close but FFXIII should just do it.

........Hmm

Not likely, not likely at all.
Do the math and consider what FF 12 sold, FF 12 what sold 5-6 million WW LTD on a 100 million console?

FF 13 wont have the hype of Halo 3 and wont have those american gamers as much

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
........Hmm

Not likely, not likely at all.
Do the math and consider what FF 12 sold, FF 12 what sold 5-6 million WW LTD on a 100 million console?

FF 13 wont have the hype of Halo 3 and wont have those american gamers as much

You got that right Lost....

Around the Network

Hahahahahahaha!

Tombi123, now you know what it feels like to be me.

No one hardly believes you but you gotta be a trooper and weather the storm.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

@w29

You have become an ANTI PS3 pro XBOX dude.

mM

Ah John Lucas, I've been expecting you... hahaha

well I was thinking of you when I made this prediction. I think we can both agree its not as risky as your wiifit predictions :)

tombi123 said:
Ah John Lucas, I've been expecting you... hahaha

well I was thinking of you when I made this prediction. I think we can both agree its not as risky as your wiifit predictions :)

I definitely like your testicular fortitude, to quote Mr. Foley.

No, not many things can be as risky as my Wii Fit prediction. I'll just have to wait until worldwide to redeem that longshot.

Thanks for thinking of me as inspiration, my man, and best of luck on the follow-through.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

leo-j said:
@w29

You have become an ANTI PS3 pro XBOX dude.

Not entirely he is pro 360 though

Hes been on both sides and chose 360 what can you do

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.