By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

tombi123 said:
how have they been in decline? X sold more then IX. Anyway this is first week and first week in Japan has been pretty steady.

also wasn't the userbase rapidly expanding back then?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

@kirby

lets not kid ourselves

FFXI is NOTHING like a final fantasy should be..

Just because 1 FF game (FFXII) sold less than the last doesn't mean ZOMG FF SERIES DOOMED!

& FF12 was released like 1 month before the Ps3 at least here in UK, nobody really cared about it due to that

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

darthdevidem said:
@kirby

lets not kid ourselves

FFXI is NOTHING like a final fantasy should be..

Just because 1 FF game (FFXII) sold less than the last doesn't mean ZOMG FF SERIES DOOMED!

& FF12 was released like 1 month before the Ps3 at least here in UK, nobody really cared about it due to that

Really, because I was under the impression the PS2 was giving the smackdown to all systems, maybe with the exception of the Wii, well past the PS3 launch.

talking only numbers here
number say fail
1)games decline
2) MUCH smaller userbase

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

tombi123 said:
how have they been in decline? X sold more then IX. Anyway this is first week and first week in Japan has been pretty steady.

Here is how it works out, and it makes a bit of sense. VII outsold VIII which outsold IX. Then X out sells IX, but less than VII, and about even with VIII. X also outsells X-2 which outsells XII. What that means in a more understandable fashion is that the sales record is set by the first of the series and then it goes down. However, the first one of the series has sold less than the first of the previous series. The comparable games 2 and 3 have also sold less on later systems rather than earlier. This shows a general trend of a slowly waning FF crowd world wide, and a slight slowing of it in Japan.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

FFXII got lost in the "next gen" console hype. The first FF on a new console always sells better, VII sold better than VIII and IX, X sold better then XI and XII.

XIII's first week sales will not beat Halo 3's first week sales.

XIII will have a staggered launch anyway. When have they EVER had a simultaneous worldwide main series release?

apart from Sony Defense Force wet dreams i can't think of a real-world-situation where FFXIII 1st week could outsell halo 3 first week.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

If Sony fans keep spinning around in circles with these all-too-familiar predictions, they're all going to fall down and throw up sooner or later.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

why does staggered launch make any difference? I will take Japan first week, then when it releases in NA take that, then when it releases in Others take that and add them together. Simple.