By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

@Gnizmo

well I have a Wii and I am thinking about getting a Ds for when DQIX comes out, so thats fine by me :)

Around the Network

combining the first week sales of every region, then yes very easy. Halo 3 sold a little over 3 mil first week in the three regions?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

tombi123 said:
@kitler53

you name the terms... if you've got the balls :P

balls present.

bet: FFXIII sells more than Halo 3 (3.84M) worldwide. If FFXIII releases on a Sunday in Japan then we count 6/7ths of the Japanese second week sales.  you say it will happen, i say it won't.

terms: loser proclaims winner's supremely permanently in their sig.

kitler53  xD 

only if it is released at the same time world wide. I think it will be released in japan first then the rest of the world.

3.84M I believe

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII will sell more copies then any other PS3 game announced, that is a guarantee.

As for selling more then Halo 3 first week, that is very dependant on Japan. Japan are VERY front loaded with FF games so majoity of FFXIII sales will be first week, in saying that, I don't think it will happen because even if FFXIII sold 2mil first week US/EU would not make up the difference. The game is not so front loaded in those regions but lifetime sales could rival that of Halo 3 nonetheless though.

FFXIII is the biggest PS3 game announced, period.

i do think that will be GT5

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@kitler53

one month not permanently and you have a deal

tombi123 said:
@Gnizmo

well I have a Wii and I am thinking about getting a Ds for when DQIX comes out, so thats fine by me :)

360 game it is then.

Final Fantasy XIII will sell more copies then any other PS3 game announced, that is a guarantee.

GTA, and Gran Turismo disagree. 

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@Gnizmo

nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT5 will sell more but I think the majority of GTA4 sales will go to the 360.