By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

Note: I agree that it is possible, but ONLY if Final Fantasy XIII some how manages to get as much hype as Final Fantasy VII did back in 1997, anything less, I cant imagine it beating Halo 3's first week. So, it is possible in my opinion, but difficult.

Around the Network

The real question is how many Sony console can be saved because of the FF series... 7 is what got the PSX's engine started, PS2 was only do decent until FFX smashed everything(the GTA blew it into the statosphere) will FFXIII do the same for the PS3.... we'll see I guess.....

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tombi123 said:

Thats right. First week FFXIII sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales. 

This is first week, not  first seven days. 

Halo 3: 3.84M

FFXIII: 2.2M Japan     1M NA       .9M Others.        Total 4.1M

(note: if FFXIII releases on a Sunday in Japan then I will count 6/7ths of the second week sales). 

name some terms and i'll take that as a bet. Sales will be good but not that good. xD

Will FFXIII have a worldwide release? If it does than it will not be released until 2009. Maybe November 2009? It would have to be released during the Christmas holiday to have any chance of selling more than Halo 3 opening week.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

@kitler53

you name the terms... if you've got the balls :P

Around the Network

No, this is NOT going to happen. Japan doesn't likes big, epic games anymore. Also, lets not forget is on the Playstation 3.

It will be lucky to hit 1,000,000 first week in Japan.

@Rol

whoops!... but posts is just boring

@fazz

we will see if Japan doesn't like big games anymore when DQIX releases on the Ds.

To be quite honest, I even doubt that FFXIII LTD will outsell Halo 3 first week. This isn't the PS2 people, FFXIII will not be putting up FFX numbers.

DQIX? first week ?? 1.250.000 MAX

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.