By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

tombi123 said:
@kitler53

one month not permanently and you have a deal

done, you're on!

Around the Network

Not a fucking chance. There are not many games out there that can produce numbers like Halo does on its first week. Mainly because no one has a publisher like MS that can market it as extensively as they do but you get my drift.

So far, how many games were near Halo 3's first week?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@tombi123

i updated my sig so i won't forget about our bet. let me know if you object to any of the wording. note: although i didn't spell it out entirely your " If FFXIII releases on a Sunday in Japan then we count 6/7ths of the Japanese second week sales" clause it is to be implied.

NJ5 said:
So far, how many games were near Halo 3's first week?

Halo 2 and GTA: SA. Maybe Vice City. Not even a game like SMG came even close. I guess you could count some Dragon Quests in Japan, but they are something like 90% frontloaded.

Around the Network

@NJ5

FFVIII probably did.

@kitler53

yeah that is fine except you are going to loose Mwahahahahahaah

4M looks more like a decent LTD estimate if you ask me. Sales of the FF franchise have been in a long decline, and this particular part is going to suffer from the PS3's low install base and bad attach rate.

how have they been in decline? X sold more then IX. Anyway this is first week and first week in Japan has been pretty steady.

and XI and XII?:P

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.