By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

I don't think it's is comparable to Lucas' Wii debut prediction. It will be hard to beat Halo openning but it's not impossible.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
FFXII got lost in the "next gen" console hype. The first FF on a new console always sells better, VII sold better than VIII and IX, X sold better then XI and XII.

For a better iew of the trend, look at the launch sales for Final Fantasy games in Japan. The order from greatest to least is 8 > 9 > 7 > 10 > 12. The sales of 7 and 9 are very similar at that, and the drop off is significant over all. When you take out 7 it is clear that each successive game in the series is selling less since its peak with FF8.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Well, in Japan FFX launched with around 2 million copies when the PS2 had only a 5 million install base. So, as FFXIII is the first on a new console as FFX was, I dont see why 40-50% attatchment rate is out of the question. If we see an early 2009 release, with potentially 3 million PS3s in japan thats 1.2-1.5 million.

I dont think it'll achieve halo 3, unless bundles appear world wide, but it wont be far off.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Final Fantasy are global experiences. Halo is focused on America, and some spots of FPS fans around the world. There will never be a Xbox game that will compare to this game. Period. People have grown delusional over this year, even though the Xbox in its "breakthrough" year has outsold the PS3 by less than 1,000,000.

Really, Halo 3 outselling Final Fantasy? It wont happen. There are more RPG fans globally than FPS fans, and thats thanks mostly to the Final Fantasy series.

Only Final Fantasy 7 has outsold Halo 2 out of all its iterations in 20 years. Description of "breakthrough" year is also relative. Because of Halo 3? Theres more comming, like the Peter Jackson Halo. And arguably, this was the "breakthrough" year of PS3 also because, well, it was available and had new technology.

Around the Network
Jandre02 said:
Final Fantasy are global experiences. Halo is focused on America, and some spots of FPS fans around the world. There will never be a Xbox game that will compare to this game. Period. People have grown delusional over this year, even though the Xbox in its "breakthrough" year has outsold the PS3 by less than 1,000,000.

Really, Halo 3 outselling Final Fantasy? It wont happen. There are more RPG fans globally than FPS fans, and thats thanks mostly to the Final Fantasy series.
HaloMicrosoft0.104.911.426.43
Final Fantasy XIISquare Enix2.421.700.844.96

Dolla Dolla said:
Jandre02 said:

Final Fantasy XIISquare Enix2.421.700.844.96
Im pretty sure FFXII was released a little over a year ago. It also was less advertised as previous installments. But hey, kudos on going to find the installment that sold the least amount.

Okay now seriously, lol. Halo came out in 2001 right? What else came out in 2001....hmmm. OH! thats right Final Fantasy 10. Lets compare shall we?

Final Fantasy XSquare EA3.022.742.197.95

You Xbox fanboys need to start thinking about release dates when you try to make points. Comparing a game that has been on the market for 6 years to a game thats been on the market a little over one isn't very fair is it?

Both Halo 2 and Halo 3 have also beaten the last Final Fantasy game in sales. Final Fantasy is on a decline, saleswise. By the time it hits the market, Halo 3 will have sold close to, if not more than, 7 million copies, and I have doubts about FFXIII getting that high.

Thinking Halo will outsell Final Fantasy does not make me an Xbox fanboy, btw. I have plenty of love for Sony, just a differing opinion from yours on the selling power of FF currently.

Apologize for the fanboy comment then, its just you kinda caught me off guard with how smoothly you posted that sales data, lol.

But the only real FF games on the PS2 were Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy 12.

X-2 was a joke, and we all know that Final Fantasy 11 shouldnt have been final fantasy at all. Final Fantasy 12 came out a few weeks before the launch of the PS3 and Wii, so any hype and media attention it would have gotten was overshadowed by the console releases. On top of that, FF12 wasn't that exciting of a story, and Vaan looked kinda gay.

Jandre02 said:
Apologize for the fanboy comment then, its just you kinda caught me off guard with how smoothly you posted that sales data, lol.

But the only real FF games on the PS2 were Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy 12.

X-2 was a joke, and we all know that Final Fantasy 11 shouldnt have been final fantasy at all. Final Fantasy 12 came out a few weeks before the launch of the PS3 and Wii, so any hype and media attention it would have gotten was overshadowed by the console releases. On top of that, FF12 wasn't that exciting of a story, and Vaan looked kinda gay.

Heh, I thought XII was better than X to be honest. I liked the battle system. I think that's part of reason it underperformed in Japan though. As for it's underperformance in US and Europe, is it possible that X that X-2 may have turned some off?