By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

kirby007 said:
rukusa said:
lol@ FFXIII not selling well in Japan.

Especially since its on the most wanted list at Famitsu.

Besides look at the spin-off to FF7, Crisis Core. And that was just a FF spin-off.

also bigger userbase ....

EDIT : also a FF 7 see the 7? spin-off

FFX-2, see the 2? spin-off.

Contrary to Dirge of Ceberus, Crisis core is much better. Just securing my future statement in advance.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

No chance, Wii fit could have done it with ample supply, but FF13 will never sell that much, not even close

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@deadeye

the PS3 install base will be higher when FFXIII releases than the 360 install base was when Halo 3 released. So it doesn't need as good attach rate. The majority of people who bought FFX and FFXII have or will have a PS3 by the time it releases, it doesn't make sense to talk about attach rates for previous FF games when the install base is so large, i.e 120,000,000 units.

rukusa said:
kirby007 said:
rukusa said:
lol@ FFXIII not selling well in Japan.

Especially since its on the most wanted list at Famitsu.

Besides look at the spin-off to FF7, Crisis Core. And that was just a FF spin-off.

also bigger userbase ....

EDIT : also a FF 7 see the 7? spin-off

FFX-2, see the 2? spin-off.

Contrary to Dirge of Ceberus, Crisis core is much better. Just securing my future statement in advance.

?? 7 is most popular FF....

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

IF FFXIII will deliver, i mean grpahics will be very close to CGI, then it will be just a MUST HAVE game, Like GT5 will be.
FFXIII for JRPGs, will be same, like GT5 for driving games.

+ Add BRAND name. FFXIII will be a system seller, BIG system seller, because Square will polish the game, and won`t rush, like Mistwalker did.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Ahhhhhhhh, no. Don't believe it. I think some people want FFXIII to be a more anticipated game than it is.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Jandre02 said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Jandre02 said:
Final Fantasy are global experiences. Halo is focused on America, and some spots of FPS fans around the world. There will never be a Xbox game that will compare to this game. Period. People have grown delusional over this year, even though the Xbox in its "breakthrough" year has outsold the PS3 by less than 1,000,000.

Really, Halo 3 outselling Final Fantasy? It wont happen. There are more RPG fans globally than FPS fans, and thats thanks mostly to the Final Fantasy series.
HaloMicrosoft0.104.911.426.43
Final Fantasy XIISquare Enix2.421.700.844.96
Im pretty sure FFXII was released a little over a year ago. It also was less advertised as previous installments. But hey, kudos on going to find the installment that sold the least amount.

Okay now seriously, lol. Halo came out in 2001 right? What else came out in 2001....hmmm. OH! thats right Final Fantasy 10. Lets compare shall we?

Final Fantasy XSquare EA3.022.742.197.95
HaloMicrosoft0.104.911.426.43

You Xbox fanboys need to start thinking about release dates when you try to make points. Comparing a game that has been on the market for 6 years to a game thats been on the market a little over one isn't very fair is it?

what about halo 2 that outsold FFX even though it was for a shorter time in the market

I think it's hard to gauge the sales for FFXII (PS2 games in general) with all the Piracy.

I have 5 good friends who have FFXII, only 1 of them actually bought it from a store.

So I think FFXIII official sales will be pretty damn high if there is still no prominent piracy for the PS3 at the time of its release. Plus, the past has shown that the first game on the system always sells the most. (FFVII and FFX)

The last FF game to out sell any of the Halo games was FFX. Explain to m,e how FF13 will outsell Halo 3 one a system with the smallest userbase.

Seems less of John Lucas and more of Fanboyism.

Although the FF series is historically huge - i've yet to see a massive console epic in Japan this gen and remain unconvinced. I think it's all about DS games now until proven otherwise, perhaps this game will be the one to change that perhaps not but to make predictions based on last console trends is...

Cannot see it happen personally and I reckon they'll be at least one DS game that'll beat Japan sales for FFXIII in the same year as FFXIII is released.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony