By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

Probably not first week but lifetime dsales is pretty much garanteed. People talk about the install base of the ps2, but if people really wanted halo they would have increased the install base more still.
This is going to be Sony's second biggest excusive and its biggest selling area is Japan where the 360 offers no threat of releasing a big game.

Ynwa.

Around the Network
TyePhoid_PAL said:
This is going to be Sony's second biggest excusive and its biggest selling area is Japan where the 360 offers no threat of releasing a big game.

I donno, Blue Dragon had a 40% attach rate in Japan.

Can someone remind me the last time a game sold over 2 million copies in it's first week in japan?

TyePhoid_PAL said:
Probably not first week but lifetime dsales is pretty much garanteed. People talk about the install base of the ps2, but if people really wanted halo they would have increased the install base more still.

Halo 2 has outsold all but two Final Fantasy games. It sold a trivial amount less than one of them as well. Final Fantasy XIII stands a very good chance of being outsold by Halo 3 lifetime.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Nope. It won't beat H3. There's no way that FFXIII will sell better than FFXII's first week (which was around 3.5m worldwide, if that).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ok cut the crap. everyone who thinks it will happen, get off this site right now, you know nothing about sales.

Around the Network

Frasman, Dragon Quest VIII sold 2.2 Million in its first week. That's the most recent that I know of.

History shows that the first Final Fantasy game on a new platform sells the most lifetime for that generation. (despite the smaller install base) So I see FFXIII outselling FFXII.

According to this site, first week Japan sales

FF7 - 2.025 Million First Week (Close to 10 Million Lifetime Worldwide)
FF8 - 2.5 Million (Around 8 Million)
FF9 - 2.031 Million (5+ Million)
FFX - 1.9 Million (8+ Million)
FFX-2 - 1.5 Million (5+ Million)
FF12 - 1.82 Million (5+ Million)

FF8 had the biggest debut, but that was arguably the most hyped game ever when it initially came out. Probably because of all the love carried over from FF7.

Personally, my prediction for FFXIII lifetime is 7 - 7.5 Million. Like I mentioned earlier, sales for the PS2(and PSX) have always been ravaged by all the burning of games and piracy. 

It will not happen.

Carpe Diem!

Stats87 said:

History shows that the first Final Fantasy game on a new platform sells the most lifetime for that generation. (despite the smaller install base) So I see FFXIII outselling FFXII.

According to this site, first week Japan sales

FF7 - 2.025 Million First Week (Close to 10 Million Lifetime Worldwide)
FF8 - 2.5 Million (Around 8 Million)
FF9 - 2.031 Million (5+ Million)
FFX - 1.9 Million (8+ Million)
FFX-2 - 1.5 Million (5+ Million)
FF12 - 1.82 Million (5+ Million)

FF8 had the biggest debut, but that was arguably the most hyped game ever when it initially came out. Probably because of all the love carried over from FF7.

Personally, my prediction for FFXIII lifetime is 7 - 7.5 Million. Like I mentioned earlier, sales for the PS2(and PSX) have always been ravaged by all the burning of games and piracy.

Final Fantasy's 4 and 6 disagree.

What is the point of this topic?
Will or not, who cares..
FFXIII is MY most anticipated game.
I just recently saw how crappy looks Halo 3 on 42" tv. That was horrible.
So if 4 mln. people bought good game with crappy graphics, who won`t buy a great game with great graphics and with overall +60h of gameplay.

Come on, it`s a FIRST jrpg, which looks like CGI.
How much do you think it will sell?

Damn, it`s just DREAM of all times, Final Fantasy game, which looks like CGI trailers.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far