By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first week sales will outsell Halo 3 first week sales, worldwide.

I totally forgot (blocked out) X-2, and I don't really consider XI in those sales either, cause it has sold pretty poorly in contrast to the rest of the series.

I prefer X over XII, as well. Couldn't get into XII, at all. I think Square has flooded the market with too much Final Fantasy, as of late. The only Final Fantasy I could see selling like crazy would be a FFVII Remake in HD.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
I think Square has flooded the market with too much Final Fantasy, as of late. The only Final Fantasy I could see selling like crazy would be a FFVII Remake in HD.

Dolla, who wants updates to games like Parasite Eve, Chrono, Einhander, etc. when you can just play FFIII for the 18th time on Ported Platform X®?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Dolla Dolla said:
I think Square has flooded the market with too much Final Fantasy, as of late. The only Final Fantasy I could see selling like crazy would be a FFVII Remake in HD.

Dolla, who wants updates to games like Parasite Eve, Chrono, Einhander, etc. when you can just play FFIII for the 18th time on Ported Platform X®?

I'd give my tonsils for a new Parasite Eve...

No, mobile doesn't count :'( 

Dolla Dolla said:

I'd give my tonsils for a new Parasite Eve...

Same here. I loved the first PE game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Jandre02 said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Jandre02 said:
Final Fantasy are global experiences. Halo is focused on America, and some spots of FPS fans around the world. There will never be a Xbox game that will compare to this game. Period. People have grown delusional over this year, even though the Xbox in its "breakthrough" year has outsold the PS3 by less than 1,000,000.

Really, Halo 3 outselling Final Fantasy? It wont happen. There are more RPG fans globally than FPS fans, and thats thanks mostly to the Final Fantasy series.
HaloMicrosoft0.104.911.426.43
Final Fantasy XIISquare Enix2.421.700.844.96
Im pretty sure FFXII was released a little over a year ago. It also was less advertised as previous installments. But hey, kudos on going to find the installment that sold the least amount.

Okay now seriously, lol. Halo came out in 2001 right? What else came out in 2001....hmmm. OH! thats right Final Fantasy 10. Lets compare shall we?

Final Fantasy XSquare EA3.022.742.197.95
HaloMicrosoft0.104.911.426.43

You Xbox fanboys need to start thinking about release dates when you try to make points. Comparing a game that has been on the market for 6 years to a game thats been on the market a little over one isn't very fair is it?

If you were to compare the percentage of halo sales to X-box owners vs FF10 owners to PS2 owners, you find the numbers in Halo's favour.  Now that the X-Box 360 has the advantage sales wise over the PS3, and that Halo 3 is at roughly 40% attachrate,  FF13 would need to sell record numbers in its core market in order to match it.  The increased system sales from properties such as Home and GTA4 and Gran Turismo 5, may not be benefitial either, as those games/features will cater to a wide demographic outside FF13 sales infulence.

Around the Network

Jandre, would you like to compare the installed base of each console with regards to the sales of the two games. It would paint a much different picture. Considering Halo reached FF numbers at about 1/6 the total installed base, and almost all those were from USA and Europe, compared to FF drawing from the entire world on a console with 120million installed base, Halo is looking really nice. Now lets think about how many consoles the new FF will have to draw from when it is released...not even close. So if it sells at the same percentage wide to the number of consoles sold, it will get crushed by Halo. Let's just talk about numbers that make my argument look good.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

lol@ FFXIII not selling well in Japan.

Especially since its on the most wanted list at Famitsu.

Besides look at the spin-off to FF7, Crisis Core. And that was just a FF spin-off.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:

Besides look at the spin-off to FF7, Crisis Core. And that was just a FF spin-off.

Guess what other game ranked high on that list? Starts with Lost, ends with Odyssey. That list is worthless.

rukusa said:

also bigger userbase ....

EDIT : also a FF 7 see the 7? spin-off

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

white devil said:
rukusa said:

Guess what other game ranked high on that list? Starts with Lost, ends with Odyssey. That list is worthless.

Ye, it ranked 7th. With "hundred"-something-something votes, compared to FFXIII that floats around 2 thousand+.

Last time I checked Lost Odyssey is a new franchise that hasn't got the fanbase that FF has gathered. 

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.