By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is Joy Ride has AUTO-STEERING like this video?

Basically what he did would be the equivalent of someone hitting the excelleration button on a gamepad the entire race.  It's pretty sad that the game is like that but I doubt it's the only racing game where than can be done.

Around the Network

Oh, the game has a lazy mode. I might change my mind and buy it then.

But, really, what I'm impressed about is not mind control, but things like the blandness and mind-bogling level design (incredibly easy and cheap race-saving shortcut?). I realise it's only one track and it's the demo but still, it simply sucks.

so basically Microsoft copied Nintendo by creating a game that play itself, Nintendo innovate while others copiate

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Looks like that made Joy Ride too kid friendly.

Also, it seems the goal is to collect coins as you race, finish at record times, and win the race. You aren't accomplishing any of this leting it auto drive.

MS really should have sold this one at a budget price.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

First vidoe was pretty interesting. Second was epically bad. Especially the person talking.

"TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME BECAUSE I TALK LOUD AND LIKE TO BE FAT AND ANNOYING."

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

the people who are saying the game plays itself must have not watched the second video DX. Its pretty clear that it does that when you are sitting down. When he was standing up there was no auto turning.

is that James Labrie playing?

he's going into Zero Degrees of inner Turbulence

enrageorange said:

the people who are saying the game plays itself must have not watched the second video DX. Its pretty clear that it does that when you are sitting down. When he was standing up there was no auto turning.

and people don't play driving games when sitting down??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

So it WAS true.. lols.

KylieDog said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Looks like that made Joy Ride too kid friendly.

Also, it seems the goal is to collect coins as you race, finish at record times, and win the race. You aren't accomplishing any of this leting it auto drive.

MS really should have sold this one at a budget price.

It was originally going to be a free game for Gold subscribers, before decided to make it a kinect game.

I wish people would stop saying this, or at least clarify.  Yes, the base game was supposed to be free, but the model was sell microtransaction content for it....new cars, tracks, modes etc.

It wasn't like the entire game you're paying for now was going to be included for free.  They were trying something new like they did with selling Fable 2 in chapter form.