By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii be 3rd Place? Two perspectives.

Don wrote that like a complete fanboy, full of generalizations that have no facts to uphold them. He even states them as fact...he's hilarious.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
LeeAdama said:
Here's an alternate viewpoint: As far as outstanding libraries go, if you don't care for first-person shooters, 360's library goes way, way down in quality.

I think this is what drives me the most crazy when people start bashing the Wii library. As "amazing" as the 360s library is, I hate half the games. I don't like FPS or sports games. Even Bioshock was a bit too much of a shooter for me to enjoy a whole lot. The future of it changes very little for me as well. I want the next Culdcept game, and a handful of other PS3/360 games but it is pretty slim pickings. Hell I can't think of one released or announced PS3 exclusive game that I have the slightest interest in playing. Still, I would never claim their libraries were terrible. They just pull heavily from genres I prefer to avoid. The games themselves are very well made sometimes though. Judging a game based solely on genre is in no way close to objecyive, or rational.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

boilermaker11 said:

I'm one that cares about the game selection, and quite frankly, that selection is not there for me on the Wii. But I am only 1 out of a market of over a potential billions. Because of that, my opinion does not reflect that of the majority, however, it does reflect, I believe, the opnion of many people who WILL play games for their system, and therefore get a PS3/360, because despite having Mario, Zelda, Zack and Wiki, etc.....those games are few and far between. The releases for the Wii that come on a consistent basis are more of those family oriented games (alot being shovelware, which results in the ''Wii owners don't play the games" statement)....and I happen to be a person who'd rather play MGS or Halo, over those games, thus eliminating a reason to get a Wii.

Hey Don....thanks for coming to to VGChartz and making more lame generalizations.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Someone here needs to show this Don chap the attach rates for the PS2 after its first year, they were worse than the Wii's

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Someone here needs to show this Don chap the attach rates for the PS2 after its first year, they were worse than the Wii's

honestly curious....even taking out wii play and wii sports from everywhere but japan? Im not familiar with the figures.

The thing i cant stand is that people just are so intolerant of opinions against teh wii here. Boilermaker an dmyself both acknowledge the tremendous success of the wii. But just because the type of software (wii sports, wii play, waggle)isnt for us doesnt make us fanboys or stupid.

SMG, Metroid, Zelda 3 big boys, great games 3 different genres.....but theres not a lot of depth, i think thats the argument. But that said it clearly doesnt matter because for people who enjoy wii sports, raving rabids, wario etc. those 3 games plus the other minigame centric titles make it tremendous.

And clearly A LOT of people love the wii software, but in traditional terms one cant deny the lack of depth for wii software. Clearly the Zelda's, Marios, and Metroids are so tremendously great enjoyable experiences it makes up for the lack of depth in software, those games have tremndous replay value and are great playthroughs and long (thats what she said) so its not a great trade off really. But there really is a lack of great all around software for the Wii at this point, imo. same for the PS3 but i think thats changing more with HSG, UT3, Uncharted, Ratchet racers etc. Just need some RPG's but i digress.

the thing that helps the wii is that each genre has a BLOCKBUSTER, Brawl, mario Kart, Zelda, Galaxy, Metroid.....i mean seriously each genre has a top 1-2 game on the wii which make sit very appealing for someone who also digs the motion control mini games such as wii sports, wii play, mario an dsonic, wario rayman etc. Just not a lot of depth, but the 1st stringers are so wonderful it covers it up for MOST people.

Around the Network

I call BINGO

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

LeeAdama said:
Here's an alternate viewpoint: As far as outstanding libraries go, if you don't care for first-person shooters, 360's library goes way, way down in quality.

I may be grasping straws here, but; do you like Battlestar Galactica?

I haven't seen season 3 yet, is it good? 

Gnizmo said:
LeeAdama said:

I think this is what drives me the most crazy when people start bashing the Wii library. As "amazing" as the 360s library is, I hate half the games.

When a 360 owner complains that the Wii doesn't have the games that the 360 has, I readily accept and understand that point of view. I don't have a 360 and I don't plan on getting one, but I realize that it has a good number of well made games for it and it has a larger and so far better library than the Wii does. When a PS3 owner complains that the Wii doesn't have the games that PS3 has, I scratch my head. I don't know how anyone can honestly make that claim. Maybe they can after the big guns in 2008 come out, but right now not so much.

There's a difference between "having opinions against the Wii" and fanboy nonsense. I suggest you start distinguishing your arguments from said fanboy nonsense before complaining about intolerance.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The thing i cant stand is that people just are so intolerant of opinions against teh wii here. Boilermaker an dmyself both acknowledge the tremendous success of the wii. But just because the type of software (wii sports, wii play, waggle)isnt for us doesnt make us fanboys or stupid.

There is a difference between what you said and what biolermaker said. You claimed the Wii wasn't for you and you disliked the system. Nothing wrong with that imo, and no one should jump on you for it. Boiler's claim was not so specific. He claimed all the games sucked flat out with nothing to back his arguement but the tired "Only Mario and Zelda lolz."I will agree that people do need to stop attacking people who give their subjective opinions of the Wii, but to make a more general (and false) claim and then expect to be left alone? Ludicrous.

You may hate the games, and even think they are killing the games industry as a whole and I can't disagree with anything but my opinion. The second you move past that though into the "Wii games just suck" area, then there is objective data to prove you very very wrong. The Wii's library has proven it can stand on its own by selling a ton of games.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229