By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 beat Wii this week in NA

Maybe Nintendo unleashed too much wiis during black friday

Around the Network

Obvious supply issues... Finding a Wii is tough right now.

360 is in great supply. I went to a few local shops and they all just received pallets (literally) last week. Expect strong sales through Christmas...

PS3. Well, I can still get a 60 Gb in so that tells you how well its doing. Weren't they discontinued in July? OUCH!

erikers said:

What's with those numbers? They're barely even different than last week. Maybe Wii is supply constrained but the other numbers? Suddenly the ps3's only going to sell 700k in december? The 360 is suddenly selling at a slower pace in december than last year?

Does anyone realize the sales on 360 for the same week last year is 276k, HIGHER than this year? Is anybody crazy enough to believe it's going to sell less this year than last after seeing the last few months of sales?

Well the US has had some pretty harsh economic problem lately. Still, does seem surprising.

blasphemy!

@pichu pichu

Why does it matter when they released them?

Anyways, it makes me sad that Wii can't take advantage of demand, I bet this will effect this weeks software too...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I'd blame this on the Wii's random dip of 86,070 before I'd attribute this to the 360's baby increase of 5,601. Wii should bounce right back up along with their random supply issues, but why is the 360 only increasing 5,601 in December? Does Microsoft not believe in Christmas? Same goes for Sony. The PS3 only increased by 4,859.

This has gotta be the worst December-week for all 3 systems EVARR.

But as usual, the DS increased by 122,654, and nothing can ever stop it. At least 20 DS's were sold while I typed this.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Kasz216 said:
erikers said:

What's with those numbers? They're barely even different than last week. Maybe Wii is supply constrained but the other numbers? Suddenly the ps3's only going to sell 700k in december? The 360 is suddenly selling at a slower pace in december than last year?

Does anyone realize the sales on 360 for the same week last year is 276k, HIGHER than this year? Is anybody crazy enough to believe it's going to sell less this year than last after seeing the last few months of sales?

Well the US has had some pretty harsh economic problem lately. Still, does seem surprising.

After having the 360 at 881k estimated for November 2007 with 511k offcially sold in America last November, it's almost impossible for it to suddenly be below last year's December sales week on week.  Barring some kind of sudden shortage, that almost defies logic.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

We have a WW stalemate!!! Kinda crazy that the PS3 didnt pass 200,000 though...hmmm

Are we missing a retailer or something? Same goes for the 360 not passing 300,000.

Something is not right here, maybe pricing has something to do with it, or maybe people really dont like the gaming systems anymore? Consoles really need to get below $200 and fast.

These numbers are definitely weird. Why would the Wii supply be slower than last week ? Why PS3 and 360 are not increasing ? Maybe the numbers are not finalized, let's wait for the full chart with software and everything.

erikers said:

Last year and this year are different.  Last year 360 had a larger brandname appeal in America than it did this year, mainly because it didn't have to share it with anyone.