By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 beat Wii this week in NA

NJ5 said:
cool48 said:
Wow hadn't noticed!

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE WII!!!!

Are you serious?

Regarding the numbers being weird or not, I don't know. Wii supply could have been bigger to EU this week (the numbers support this). PS3 and 360 might be correct, I don't know all the factors but this year's black friday appears to have been bigger than usual, maybe more promotions?

Actually, I wasn't being serious...

Around the Network

this is suposed to be a gamers christmas, and so far it is, look at the Wii shortages... and software sales have been averaging 10-15% higher this year week to week.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

rudyrsr8 said:
Kasz216 said:
erikers said:

What's with those numbers? They're barely even different than last week. Maybe Wii is supply constrained but the other numbers? Suddenly the ps3's only going to sell 700k in december? The 360 is suddenly selling at a slower pace in december than last year?

Does anyone realize the sales on 360 for the same week last year is 276k, HIGHER than this year? Is anybody crazy enough to believe it's going to sell less this year than last after seeing the last few months of sales?

Well the US has had some pretty harsh economic problem lately. Still, does seem surprising.
What US economic problems? The US enemployment is just .2% above full employement our GDP is expected to rise by 4.9% whihc is larger than all of China's GDP, also the Fed just lowered interest rates allowing greater investment for the future.If you are refering to the housing burst that affects maybe one million people and these forclsures are for people trying to flip a profit on real estate speculation and deserve to lose money in the gambling with the market. Should we expect to government to share the risks for all tax payers while the profit none are seen by the tax payers no. Shut up excuse the pun if you don't know anything about economics. The US is the most stable economy atm the Euros and Chinese have the most to worry about atm. /rant

Just last month they just lowered economic expectations for last year... so I infact do think I know what i'm talking about. The realestate and credit problems hurt buisnesses. The 4.9% growth you mentioned is expected to come down thanks to said credit and housing problems. Also the unemployment rate is supposed to grow .2% next year. Not to mention rising energy costs taking a bite out of consumer activity. Here is even an article on it from last month. http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/29/business/NA-FIN-US-Bush-Economic-Forecast.php Note how this quarter the 4.9% growth is expected to drop... so if anyone has to shut up about this... well it isn't me.

I blame it on ebay re-sellers.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

erikers said:
Zucas said:
erikers said:

What's with those numbers? They're barely even different than last week. Maybe Wii is supply constrained but the other numbers? Suddenly the ps3's only going to sell 700k in december? The 360 is suddenly selling at a slower pace in december than last year?

Does anyone realize the sales on 360 for the same week last year is 276k, HIGHER than this year? Is anybody crazy enough to believe it's going to sell less this year than last after seeing the last few months of sales?

Last year and this year are different. Last year 360 had a larger brandname appeal in America than it did this year, mainly because it didn't have to share it with anyone.

Wow that really made sense. Even though it has sold more this August, September, October and November than last year, suddenly competition has caused it's "brandname" to lower and sell less now? Any more words of wisdom? That honestly does not make one ounce of sense at all.

Last year at this time the Wii sold 127K units and the PS3 sold 110K, I think the increase in sales for both those systems more than makes up for the decrease in 360 sales. Remember both of those systems were supply constrained last Christmas which shifted more buisness to the 360.

Around the Network

yip yip yahoo. 360 beats Wii by 18,000 one week in just the US. Man, they are gonna take the lead back in no time at this pace. Oh wait they were down 123,000 in Europe/Others. Oh Well.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Nintendo is having the best year it has ever had in history
The Xbox brand is selling its best this year in all of its history
The Iphone is a phenomon

FishyJoe said:
I think one must keep in mind that sampling is a big issue with out of stock systems. There will be an uneven distribution of sales. So while one vendor might receive a big shipment, another may receive none. If enough of the vendors that received none are polled, it can skew the results significantly.

QFT

Sampling errors are definitely a bigger problem with sold out consoles.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Holy Crap. Wii=Fad CONFIRMED!

OR, NA ran out of supplies.

Sqrl said:
FishyJoe said:
I think one must keep in mind that sampling is a big issue with out of stock systems. There will be an uneven distribution of sales. So while one vendor might receive a big shipment, another may receive none. If enough of the vendors that received none are polled, it can skew the results significantly.

QFT

Sampling errors are definitely a bigger problem with sold out consoles.

True. And I imagine that software is even harder to estimate in these conditions (plus all the promotions, such as Toys R US selling loads of Wii software).

This holiday season will be very hard to track, thankfully all the financial reports for this quarter should be out in January, I suppose.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957