By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 beat Wii this week in NA

numbers were just posted on the homepage

Around the Network

WAAH THE WII IS DOOMED!!!

Wii supply issue begining to have an effect.

EHSTEVE said:
numbers were just posted on the homepage

Its true, I saw it too

I agree with Saiyar, the Wii supply is starting to kick in and not every consumer can find a Wii now.

Around the Network

Its because of the Wii's lack of supply. You can't find it anywhere around here.

PC Gamer

Everyone knows is Wii shortage, what i want to hear is Xbox 360's total number surpass wii in the world, m'kay? lol...

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Although on the plus side for Nintendo DS numbers are still up, remember how they ran out of those pretty quickly last Christmas season?

True lack of supply is really affecting the Wii, but luckily, the true numbers were reflected throughout the year, wii beat x360 during almost the entire year so no worries (sorry ehsteve ps3 is still under both 360 and wii)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

What's with those numbers? They're barely even different than last week. Maybe Wii is supply constrained but the other numbers? Suddenly the ps3's only going to sell 700k in december? The 360 is suddenly selling at a slower pace in december than last year?

Does anyone realize the sales on 360 for the same week last year is 276k, HIGHER than this year? Is anybody crazy enough to believe it's going to sell less this year than last after seeing the last few months of sales?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%