By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what will be the highest selling game of 2008?

Resistance 2 will make 5 million.
^^^

you're crazy, the only reason people bought number 1 was because it was the only game available.

and it doesn't have built a fanbase, its just a game people bought.

Around the Network

It will be Lair 2.

WiiFit will be first. Ninty will be making around 250k (units) per week, and it will basically sell out worldwide - limited only by manufacturing. So this comes to around 10m for the year. Its the next WiiSports.

GTA4 probably next (ONLY if you include both platforms in the one sales figure!).

Thinking Brawl will probably be next (early year release, big install base, big in all territories), then its hard to know - MGS, Mario Kart, GT5 (etc) will all do well. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Someone should qualify whether "sales" include sales of a franchise across ALL platforms added.

If so, Madden, Burnout, CoD, GH4 (etc), Fifa, PES will certainly top.

I'm specifically talking about sales of a game on ONE platform only.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

We're assuming GTAIV comes out and MK isn't coming out that late

Around the Network

GTA4

Lol Grand Theft Auto. Followed by wii fit.
brawl will sel like the others in the series maybe a mill more, 9 mill say. Mums and grandmas are they going to buy this?

Teens young males with jobs will fork out for playstation or xbox and get gta becasue all their mates have it as well.

Ynwa.

gta 4 easily. wont even be close. brawl and wii fit have will have great runs though. also lbp could take off, but i dont think it has enough time in 2008 to make a good run (due to the fact that it needs a way bigger install base, like 20-30 million, to make a run, and that it will not boom and bust like most games so it will sell really well in 2009)

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

shams said:
Someone should qualify whether "sales" include sales of a franchise across ALL platforms added.

If so, Madden, Burnout, CoD, GH4 (etc), Fifa, PES will certainly top.

I'm specifically talking about sales of a game on ONE platform only.

yes theyre counting it on all platforms

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"