By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what will be the highest selling game of 2008?

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
HappySqurriel said:
I see Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and Grand Theft Auto all as being between 8 and 10 Million units this year, but I'm not sure which one will be on top; I suspect Wii Fit but can't say for sure.

Wii Sports will win again.  I don't see any of those game reaching 8 million this year.  If anything, GTA 4 will reach that when you combine both systems and that is it.

A large portion of Nintendo published games for the Wii that have a lot of crossover appeal (like Mario Party) are outselling their previous versions within 6 months; being that Mario Kart and Super Smas Bros. have sold more than 6.5 Million copies on the Gamecube, and both games will be available for more than 6 months, I think they can make it to 8 Million.

I suspect that Wii Fit will follow the path of brain training and sell at a (fairly) high rate for the whole year in Japan, and the (roughly) 9 months that it is available in North America; if it sells consistently, I don't see 8 Million as being unrealistic.

Around the Network

GTA IV is overestimated.
Wii Fit market will be distributed evenly through this generation.... So it wont be a top seller every year.
SSBB will be the biggest seller this year.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Wii fit wont be the next "big thing" look at the wii zapper it flopped hard in the states.

SSBB wont be even close to the biggest seller

GTA 4 easily, it will sell 10 million on both ps3 and X360= 20 million.

Resistance 2 will make 5 million.

mM

1. GTA 4

2. Wii Fit

3. Brawl

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

I want to save this thread for the end of the year.

mM
Around the Network

@rpg

what planet are you from? are you seriously high!!!!! the anticipation for brawl has been as high as gta and people are putting an overwhelming amount of updates on different gamesites! (and by overwhelming, i mean OVERWHELMING!!!!!!!!!!!! This may be one of the best selling games of this gen!!!!! Also, wiifit may be a Nintendogs if Nintendo advertises this correctly.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Brawl wont be able to sell more than GTA 4 because it only has one console whereas GTA4 will be on both the XBox 360 and PS3.  If GTA4 was an exclusive then I would say that Brawl would sell more.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

@leo
are you crazy or dumb??

resistance 2 won't make 5 million!!! (that's like saying it will beat mgs4!) also, resistance hasn't even hit 2 million and it's being bundled plus it's a new ip! plus it can't beat brawl!!! (your making it look like it will beat mgs4!!!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Wii Fit
SSBB
MK
(Yes Nintendo OWNS Top 3)
GTAIV
GT5
MGS4

Grand Theft Auto 4.