*Sound Of Rain said:
Ajescent said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Ajescent said:

flOwer

Uncharted 2

Wipeout HD/Fury

Yakuza 3

He has Flower and liked it... he doesn't like racing games much...

What is good about Yakuza 3? How long is it? What do you do? Please explain.

So basically you're a former Yakuza boss who decided to call it a day so he can run an orphanage but shit gets real when the guy who you chose to be your replacement gets shot and you are asked to come back into action and kick ass and chew bubble gum.

It's basically an openworld RPG (regardless of what anyone else here says ¬_¬) main quest is about 20-30hrs but after your first playthrough, you'll probably only have about 4% completion rate and you are free to roam the cities once you've completed the game or retry on a harder difficulty setting. There's acres of activities to do.

Bowling

Fishing

Dating

Kareoke

Arcades

Amongst other things.

posibilities are endless with this one.

He likes games where you can do almost whatever you want whenever you want like Animal Crossing for the DS/Wii. He likes games where you don't have to do one thing to get to another...he likes to go at his own pace. Will he get board with this game easy? If he gets stuck and can't beat a part he may stop playing so will that be a problem? 

After the innitial handholding, you are free to roam as you please.

Excactly how old is he? If he's young then the game might not be fore him.

He is under 13 so he is a kid...but that doesn't matter since he has played and beaten many games well past his age...For example, he has beaten Heavy Rain, M.G.S.4, Silent Hill, and is currently playing Fall Out New Vegas...he also likes games like LittleBigPlanet, Nintendogs, and Kirby...so he likes a big mix and his age doesn't hold him back at all.

So, at the start of the game it teaches you how to play and things like that...but when thats over you can do all of the things that you mentioned above such as fish, date, bowl, and fight?

yes, once you are allowed to roam the town, you have to locate the places these activities are located in. The town is deceptively small. It looks tiny but there's so many things to do. I've clocked over 40hrs and still nowwhere near finding everything.

Is there still a goal to the game? Its fine if it doesn't I am just asking.

Yes, there's the main story that you can just steamroll through without doing any of the extras and that can last you just over 20hrs.

It's basically up to you and how you handle it.

So...you can play the main story then do whatever you want, and then go back to the main story at your demand.

Around the Network

What axumblade said, the game is much more deep and has more various gameplay mechanics.

I also agree with Ninpanda, Bioshock is great an unique game with a crazy story and atmosphere. Plus Bioshock 2 is out and fairly cheap, and the next game will be out before too long.

*Sound Of Rain said:

So...you can play the main story then do whatever you want, and then go back to the main story at your demand.

Yup

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Yup

Ok final question...unless something else comes up...

Is it easy to understand the story of Yakuza 3 if you have not played the 1st 2?

*Sound Of Rain said:
Ajescent said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Yup

Is it easy to understand the story of Yakuza 3 if you have not played the 1st 2?

Funny you should ask that actually.

The game has a "Story so far" feature for the 2 previous games that it encourages you to view before starting. I never played the first 2 so this was a nice little addition.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Around the Network

*skips long thread*

Brutal Legend; if you are into heavy metal.

Ajescent said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Ajescent said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Yup

Funny you should ask that actually.

The game has a "Story so far" feature for the 2 previous games that it encourages you to view before starting. I never played the first 2 so this was a nice little addition.

Ok thanks! Yakuza 3 sounds like the best option out there for me so I may pick it up for sure!

Also, everybody else...you can continue to post until I have actually bought a game.

1. Uncharted 2
  2. WipEout HD Fury
  3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
  4. Grand theft Auto IV

Ali-Kharazi said:
  • Uncharted 2
  • WipEout HD Fury
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
  • Grand theft Auto IV

• Apparently HD/Fury is a no-no as the bro doesn't do racers but I maintain he's missing out.

Everybody is saying Uncharted 2...is it that good?